- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Any time an imaging drum is replaced on a 1700, 1710, or 1720 model dell laser printer, you must reset
the photoconductor count. The following procedure illustrates how this is done:
1. Open the front access cover
2. Press and HOLD the Cancel Button (Red X)
3. When you see the LED's 'Chase' turn the printer off
4. Close the access cover, and turn the printer back on
5. Press the Continue Button (Green Triangle) to print a settings report
6. Under the section 'Cartridge Information', locate the item 'PHOTOCONDUCTOR COUNT=0K' indicating 'Zero Thousands'.
s now been reset, and you should now be able to print now ok
Check that the correct printer is set as default. Also use File Print so that the selected printer is shown rather than using the Print button. If the test pages are being printed from the computer then the communication is working.