Question about HP PC Desktops
I have HP media center 2005 edition a1324n pavilion desktop. I have 3 user accounts on this PC. Whenever I try to log on any account it just logging off right away. So these are things I tried so far
1) I tried in safe mode, debugging mode and last known good configuration but did’t help.
2) I tried F10 which is for recovery partition but that did’t work too.
3) I have installed windows XP home edition in same partition in which I have XP windows media center to access disk management options . I was trying to make my recovery partition active from there but for some reason that options is greyed out and I am unable to access it
4) From recovery console I logon to windows media center partition and ran chkdsk /p option and it came back with one or more errors .
Could anybody please help me in that. I don’t mind to format my OS, I have product key sticker on side but don’t have set up files disk with me. I have windows Home edition installation disk but not XP media center edition one. If anybody could help me in these questions
1) how can I access my hidden recovery partition if F10 and “mark partition as active in disk management” is not working
2) How can I repair this rapidly logging off problem
3) If chkdsk /p comes back with errors, is there any way I can repair these errors.
4) Is there any place (other then HP) where I can get Windows media center edition 2005 set up files
Thanks in advance. If you have any other questions please don’t hesitate to ask me.
Looks like you've tried a lot. Try this stuff.
1) Try F11 instead.
2) Dunno. Corruption?
3) chkdsk /f
4) Microsoft EULAs are much less crackable than their software, according to BitTorrent.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 07, 2014 | HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7680n PC PC...
Dec 21, 2013 | HP KJ375AA Pavilion Slimline S3400F...
Aug 07, 2011 | HP Pavilion a1310n PC Desktop
Apr 02, 2010 | HP Pavilion a1610n PC Desktop
Jan 29, 2010 | HP Pavilion Media Center a1320n PC...
Nov 18, 2009 | HP PAVILION SLIMLINE S7520N AMD Turion 64,...
Feb 13, 2009 | HP Pavilion Media Center a1330n - AMD...
170 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: