Question about Canon MX700 Office All-In-One InkJet Printer
When printing anything, there are thin horizontal white lines through the text or print. I have cleaned the cartridges (which are new), have changed them, checked alignment, and done everything under standard troubleshooting (including reinstalling drives). How can I correct this problem?
It sounds very much like a failed printhead or printhead driver; the circuit that controls which jet is addressed or left blank.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2014 | HP LaserJet 1000 Printer
May 20, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
The instructions as copied from the Pixma 480 "onscreen manual." (Only the text -- not the images -- could be pasted into the solution. Hope you can follow the text.) Steve G.
Prepare 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and load 2 sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Print the print head alignment pattern.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Maintenance, and press the OK button.
- Select Print head alignment, and press the OK button.
Note: To print the current head position adjustment values, select Head alignment print in the Maintenance menu and press the OK button. See Selecting Menus on the Top Menu Screen.)
- Select Yes, and press the OK button to print alignment sheet.
- Check the pattern is printed correctly, select Yes and press OK button.
- Confirm the displayed message and press the OK button.
The Print head alignment screen appears.
4. Adjust the print head position.
- Check the printed patterns, and use the (Left) or (Right) button to select the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable streaks for column A.
Note: If it is difficult to select the best pattern, select the pattern that has the least noticeable white streaks.
(A) Less noticeable vertical white streaks
(B) Noticeable vertical white streaks
(C) Less noticeable horizontal white streaks
(D) Noticeable horizontal white streaks
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from B to L, then press the OK button.
- Select Yes to continue printing, and press the OK button.
- The second page of print head alignment sheet will be printed.
- Confirm the message for print head alignment, and press the OK button.
- Check the printed patterns and use the (Left) or (Right) button to input the number of the pattern that has the least noticeable horizontal streaks for column M.
- Repeat the same procedure to input the pattern number for each column from N to R, and press the OK button.
Jan 12, 2011 | Canon Pixma MP480 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 05, 2010 | Canon MX700 Office All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 12, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP980 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 05, 2010 | HP Photosmart 7450 InkJet Printer
Oct 21, 2009 | Sony UP DR100 Thermal Photo Printer
Jun 17, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX700 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 13, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX700 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 02, 2013 | Canon MX700 Office All-In-One InkJet...
532 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!