Once my phone was flooded in swimming pool for 1 minute approx. After that I was try to dry out naturally (open the battery cover, take out the battery & let dry by wind). the day after my phone active again but caanot read the memory card. Could you suggest me what really happen & how to fix it. Thank you, regards. Agung W
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Cannot memory card after flooded.
More and likely it was just to much water for your memory card to handle and it is now damaged. You will need to buy a new one unless the manufacture that makes your memory card is willing to be nice and give you another one for free! Good luck
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
you cant the screen is damaged 1st an likely the electronics . u can take the battery out an put it in a oven at 120 for 2 hrs. or freeze it , or put in bucket of dry rice .all these are a fairy story usually.
there are chemical to remove moisture . anything i an think of will require opening it an not a expected good outcome.
iv fixed few that were dropped in water. usually the battery was running an fried some components. once i dropped one in pool an it ran underwater an it was not water proof . go figure.
You know the old saying Opposites attract well its true. Take cellphones for example, they love to take a dip in the pool, the toilet, or anything el's that can hold water. So what do you do when this happens? First, don't panic and try to keep you eyes on the phone. Second, don't pull it out of the water. Yes you read that right don't pull it out, yet. First remove the battery while in the water, if you can. Water conducts electricity. The phone shorts out in most cases after its out of the pool while water is running out of it. The water shorts across one or 2 of the components and fries the phone. While the phone is in the water the electricity goes everywherewhich keeps it from shorting out as bad. So take the battery out while in the water. Third dry it with a towel go home and throw it in a bole of rice, yes the kind you eat. we all know rice absorbs water so leave it in the bole of dry rice for as long as it takes to dry it out, good way to tell is shake the phone and listen and look for water. Once the phone is dry put the battery back in and try it out. Not always a guaranteed fix, but when you pay $200 to $800 for a phone you will try anything.
I guess the problem is from your memory card or your memory card slot. What I advice you do is try using the memory card on any other phone just to know whether it's the memory card having problem or the memory card slot. If it works on any other phone then you should take your phone to a phone repairer, but if it works on any other phone just do the following to your memory card:
1. Use antiseptic spirit with cotton wool in cleaning the memory card. 2. Dry for sometime. And use after may be 15 minutes.
If it does not work still, then it's a china product, try get a original one.
Hi, Don't worry,try the following ,it usually works:Open the back of you phone and pull out the battery,SIM card(if any),Memory Card(if any) and dry the phone in the Sun.Don't use a Hair Dryer,it may spoil the Circuit boards.I did this when my phone fell into the swimming pool,it worked. Have a Good Day! Tahnk You.
Try removing the battery, using a blow dryer to air everything out in battery compartment. If there are any tiny screws or way to open up the phone itself, open it up, and blow everything inside there too.
Let it dry out completely and then see if it will work again. My guess is no, because once the circuits get wet, they are pretty much damaged and irrepairable.
easy way to fix that problem...dont buy him a new one...maybe if he pays for it himself he will have a little more respect for it...besides that, the best you can do for the phone is let it dry naturally for about 10 days before trying to reinstall the battery. once an lcd display has been water damaged it is more economical to replace the phone than to replace the display.
I would definately let it dry out fully. Take the battery out and take it apart as much as you can and place in front of a fan (probably overnight). If there was water in the phone when you plugged it in it could permanently damage the phone. Even though the outside is dry, there could still be some water inside. I once had a remote control in a swimming pool overnight and followed these instructions and it worked fine after a couple days of drying. Hope this helps!