Question about NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Router
My desktop is connecting to my router just fine but when i go to connect my laptop, the network isnt there.
Hello write 1tune2,
1. Using a computer wired to the router, please open any web browser like Internet Explorer or Netscape Navigator.
2. Connect to the router by typing http://routerlogin.com/basicsetting.htm or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field and click Enter or Return key.
3. For security reasons, the router has its own username and password. When prompted, please type in admin for the Username and password for the Password, both in lower case letters.
Note: If it doesn't take password as the password, you might have changed it when you have run the NETGEAR Setup CD so please try other passwords. If you can't remember the password, you need to reset the router and run the Setup CD to reconfigure it.
4. Click the Wireless Settings under Advanced tab.
5. Check the box under Enable Wireless Router Radio and Enable Wireless SSID Broadcast.
6. Click the Wireless Settings under Setup.
7. Change Channel (recommended are 1, 6 and 11).
8. Change the SSID to uniquely identify your network. You might have a similar SSID with your neighbor.
Note: Do not change the SSID if there are already other wireless computers that can connect to the network.
Other factors that you may consider when you are not able to view any available wireless network.
a. Switch for the wireless adapter is turned off.
b. Distance between the wireless router and computer.
c. Possible wireless interferences.
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 05, 2012 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Mar 24, 2012 | Belkin Computers & Internet
Apr 15, 2009 | Acer Computers & Internet
Mar 08, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Nov 16, 2008 | D-Link AirPlus DI-524 Wireless Router
Aug 17, 2008 | NetGear RangeMax WPN824 Wireless Router...
Aug 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Oct 30, 2007 | Belkin (F5D7050) 802.11a/g/b Wireless...
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!