Question about RCA M4204 MP3 Player
When I try to turn my mp3 player on this is what I get on the screen:
''Profiling requires 20MB free space. SHUTTING DOWN.''
Sounds like you need to reformat yyour drive or update your firmware. Here is the link try it first without formatting there is a check to format and not format. If you run into a problem. do this
Unplug the mp3 from the USB press and hold the menu button for 10 seconds, release then press and hold the play button, while holding the play button plug it back in. Wait until it says intializing, then release the play button and press start. Here is the link.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 18, 2012 | Thomson Audio Players & Recorders
Apr 09, 2011 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Jan 10, 2011 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Nov 05, 2010 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Restoring RCA M4304A Recorder Firmware
Symtom: recorder shows OPAL splash screen, then shows "profiling requires20mb of free space, shutting down" and then shuts down. Recorder cannot be accessed by windows or the RCA easyrip software.
Solution: Use the firmware update found here: http://www.voxxsupport.com/images/downloads/OPAL_066F_85A4_85A5_0_1140_SIG.EXE
This update needs to be ran on an xp computer running 32 bitOS. It was tested in a Win 7 64bitmachine and proven to not work.
Necessary steps taken to get the firmware to properlyrestore were as follows:
1. Hold in the power (menu) button for 10 seconds(the splash screen will show and it will give the error message, ignore it)
2. While still holding the power button, press theplay/pause button and hold down.
3. Release the power button while still holdingdown the play/pause button and wait 5 seconds.
4. While still holding the play/pause button plugin the usb cable to the recorder. Continue to hold the play/pause button foranother 5 seconds after plugging the cable in.
5. Release the play pause button then launch theEXE for the firmware update. Minimize the instruction screen so you can see thefull update screen.
6. Leave the format checkbox checked (check it ifit isn't checked) formatting is crucial to this working.
7. Once the status in the update window changesfrom initializing to ready click start to update the recorder. It will go through formatting, then updating.
8. Once the status shows complete disconnect therecorder and with any luck the recorder is usable again. The media files will obviously have to bereloaded, but the recording is functional at least.
Sep 21, 2010 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Jan 25, 2010 | RCA M4304 Digital Media Player
Nov 30, 2009 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Nov 03, 2009 | RCA Pearl TH1102 MP3 Player
Aug 04, 2009 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
Feb 10, 2009 | RCA M4204 MP3 Player
570 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: