I uninstall the the mastisha drive and restart it say its lookin 4 the driver it searches and install the driver and says its good 2 use now but its still the same dont read cds or dvds i saw pc pitstop driver and tried it it tells me i have 3 drivers out of date and they are REALTK HIGH AUDIO,ENE CB1410 CARD BUS CONTROLLER AND TOSHIBA SOFTWARE MODEM.how can i get my laptop 2 read cds and dvds i really need some help please
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First check that your drive is indeed a DVD writer and not a 'hybrid' i.e. CD writer and DVD reader. If it is, go on the manufacturer's site and see if they have Win 8 compatible drivers - Win 8 is a fairly new OS so they may not have had time to get a new one out.
am sorry to hear that your CD/DVD can't be read but in order to resolve your issue you need to
have that drive working or have an external DVD/CD Drive to be able follow the
below procedure and to resolve the compressed Boot Manager.
·Insert the installation DVD(Vista or Windows 7) in your Disc Drive and then power up your computer
·Click Repair your computer.
·Then click on Load Driver.
·Go to Computer.
·Right click on the partition your
installation previously compressed> Properties.
·Uncheck "Compress drive to
increase space available".
I had the same problem, this is what worked for me.... I opened the cd/dvd drive on the side of my laptop and gently cleaned the small laser and hey presto it worked, can now erase,read and play my discs.Give this a try it only takes a few seconds. Good Luck
1. Go to Device manager. Click on the + sign beside IDE drives. Right click on the dvd drive and select uninstall. Restart the computer. It should get installed automatically as it is a generic driver.
2. Go to run > type regedit > go to the following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\ Select the folder that says ( 4D36E965..... on the right hand side delete the file that says "Upper filters" and "Lower filters"
3. Go to device manager > clock on the + sign beside IDEATAATAPI Controllers > right click on Secondary IDE channel and selectuninstall. Do the same with Primary IDE channel. Restart the computer.
There can me many solutions,
1. plz uninstall ur drivers and then restsrt it, Now install drivers again, restart again, and u will find it runnig
2. might be lens of it is cracked, dusty so check tht.
3. Might be u have denied it from reading through BIOS.
4 Also check that you have not taken the aceess rights of users from reading CD/DVDs
It shouldn't be a driver issue. DVD drives are natively supported by XP. What software do you have installed for playing DVD'? Windows Media Player 11 would be excellent, and it's free from Microsoft. PowerDVD and WinDVD are also good, but you have to buy them.
if your cd wont read disk then maybe it got damage. you can change the drive let it repair.
Other method installing windows is to seek USB port DVD drive and then connect it boot the system using this external DVD drive.
method 2: You have to remove you have drive and attached to other pc using drive enclosure and then copy the installation disk to the drive. then boot you system if still boot and if not not then you have to boot using DOS base system. You can search documentation installaling XP using DOS command. you can search it in google.com.
na thats not the issue the drivers are not able to install properly uninstall the drive from the device manager and restart the system it should pick the right drivers ... if that doesnt work update the system with the windows vista service pack1 it will download when u start the windows update and regards to ur webcam u should be having the driver cd for that install the driver capable for windows 2000 and that should work