We have been using the Aspire on the internet but suddenly cannot access it anymore (either wired or wireless and at different locations). We can access the internet with our other computers so it is not our internet. I have even used the recovery DVD but still it will not connect. Can you give some suggestions? Is it a hardware problem where we have to take it for repair. It still is under warranty.
You may not have the ethernet or wireless drivers installed or they are not working right. how to check right click on my computer and choose >manage >device manager then look for network adapters see if you have anything there if you do click on them and make sure that there active and woking also if there are any yellow question marks in the device manager it means your missing something where the ? is.
also if there are no drivers there go to your laptops website and search for drivers and look for wireless and wired and download them
please rate my answer it is much apreceated
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Jun 17, 2014 - In some Acer models you can use a combination of keys on the keyboard to ..... My acer aspire wont connect with wifi, it say windows cant connect.... I've just had a similar problem with my Acer Aspire laptop (wireless .... It is startedto happen just a month ago before it was ok I am using this since 6 months.
Based on your description, the following is assumed.
1. The service to your Internet Service Provider is through a cable or DSL modem.
2. Internet service was initially set-up with your netbook directly connected to the modem.
3. A wireless router was since added and is using the direct wired connection to the modem.
4. The netbook is connected to the wireless access point being provided by the router.
5. The netbook says it is connected to the wireless access point but still no internet access.
The problem is likely due to the modem capturing the MAC address of the netbook when access to the internet servce was initially set up using the netbook directly connected to the modem and now the modem will only allow access with the netbook directly connected to it. You can check this out by reconnecting the netbook directly to the modem. It may be possible to "flush" the captured MAC by unplugging the AC power to the modem, waiting a few minutes and then powering back up with the router connected in place of the netbook. To make it easier, you may want connect your netbook directly to the router's LAN side to check if you now have internet access through the router. If you still don't have internet access, you will need to use your netbook to log onto the router to clone your netbook's MAC address for the router's WAN connection. The router's user guide/manual has directions on logging in and doing the MAC address clone. It will also have an explanation as to what is a MAC address.
Hi acording your describle, you need do
1) please check the bios first, to set wireless to enable
2) check windows right buttom bar is there a wireless icon show there and click to see any detect wireless signal, if nothing to detect
3) check or compare to other laptop wireless configuration, check any incorrect setting.
4) if all sense ok, you need check the wireless card and wireless antenna wire connection, open a samll cover at back of laptop, there is a MINI PCI slot with a wireless card, take out and clean the card pins then put back.
5) still trouble please change another wireless card (same model)
it should be fix.
hope help you to fix it, please take a rating le me know how much helped you, thanks. for any question in any time please !
With regard to power cuts, i highly suggests you to buy a UPS (Uninterruptable Power Supply) to prevent further damage to your router. You can simply reconfigure the wireless settings of the router by accessing the router's Setup Page. Go to http://192.168.1.1, go to wireless tab and you can change the network name as well as enable the wireless security.