- First you could try to RESET the Sansa Clip as next:
1. Turn the player on (shortly switch the power switch up)
2. Slide and hold the power switch up for 15-20 seconds
3. Release the power switch
The reset is completed
4. Shortly slide the power switch up
Check if the player functions normally again.
- When the reset does NOT help next steps will be required:
1. Put the player in MSC mode: this way a computer recognizes the player as a removable disk.
How to put the Sansa Clip in MSC mode:
1.1 Turn device OFF.
1.2 Slide the Hold switch down to Lock (orange color showing).
1.3 Press and hold the center button while connecting the device to the PC.
2. Backup the media content on the player to the computer.
Connect the player to the computer and backup the files to the PC,
exploring "My Computer" in the removable disk.
3. Perform a firmware reinstallation / firmware update.
Use next link for updating the Clip's firmware:
The Sansa Firmware Updater execute file is mentioned as installer
for getting the matching updates for the Sansa Clip.
Direct to the Sansa Firmware Updater execute file with next link:
Right click the link above and select "Save Target As..." for saving the
installer to a location on the computer.
Double click the execute file after the download has completed to run it.
Sansa Clip manual
When this helped, I'd appreciate your vote.
In case you need more help, just add a comment.