Question about Kenmore 63662 / 63664 / 63669 Microwave Oven
When started unit "runs" then throws a f2 code and seemingly does not heat
SOURCE: Kenmore microwave
If this has a controller that runs a microwave and an oven, then the problem F2 means a temperature related fault such as a bad temp sensor / thermostat or a defect in the control board. If it's just a microwave, then the problem is likely a failing keypad. In many cases, those can be replaced economically. If you repost with your exact model number (62622 is not a complete model number) then we can advise you further and more specifically.
Posted on Nov 25, 2006
SOURCE: microwave no heat
The "HUMM" indicates a breakdown in the High Voltage Side. The loud "POP" was the breakdown. You have only four Components in the High Voltage side.
1. High Voltage Transformer. You can eliminate this as the problem. Why? If it was the problem it would have blown the line fuse, and would have given off a burned transformer smell.
2. High Voltage Diode. Usually will Burn or Pop when shorted, but will then OPEN the Circuit and there is no "HUMM".
3. High Voltage Capacitor.This is the Silver Can with the two terminals on top. It can SHORT internaly between the plates (the two terminals) and give the "HUMM".
4. Magnetron. This is my number one suspect. A SHORTED Magnetron.
Posted on Feb 03, 2008
This is usually inverter trouble, but it may be the magnetron, controller, wiring, etc.
There should be a "mini-manual" (tech sheet) hidden inside the unit behind the control panel or hidden on the left side behind the grille, which is very helpful when troubleshooting, testing, and locating components.
To find helpful exploded view diagrams and get part numbers, you can just enter your full model number at the Sears parts site.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on May 20, 2009
f2 error means :
1. The oven temp has risen above 665F and the door is not locked or
2. The temp has risen above 965F with the door locked ------------- if this happens you should check: -----------
1. Check oven temp in mode that failure occurred. Replace EOC (Electronic Oven Control) if above limits
2. Check and replace oven temperature sensor if necessary
keep updated,please do accept and rate the solution.thanks.
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
The F2 error code on your microwave oven is a membrane failure.
It is recommended that you replace the membrane first & if you still have problems to replace the control board.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question
Posted on Sep 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 30, 2015 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Jul 05, 2011 | Whirlpool MH1150XM Convection/Microwave...
Dec 13, 2009 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven
Nov 23, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
Sep 30, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
Aug 21, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
Jul 13, 2009 | Kenmore 63792 Microwave Oven
Feb 10, 2009 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
Oct 01, 2008 | Kenmore 63662 / 63664 / 63669 Microwave...
Nov 22, 2006 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: