An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: NO display on laptop lcd
Well this can be two things your LCD screen itself or the graphics card. Easy way to check is to hook the laptop to an external monitor and see if the image comes up. If it does then your lcd screen needs to be replaced,if it does not then its your graphics card.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi, if you cannot see a display on your monitor, there are a few things you can do. The easiest and first thing you should do, is plug an external monitor into the VGA port on your netbook. That way, you will know if your computer is still working. Also, make sure the power lights are on when you turn the computer on. Next, you can try this. Find the function button that corresponds with one of the F# keys i.e. F4 or F8 that controls the LCD display. It will either say CRT/LCD or will have a picture of two monitors on it, something like that. Then, press the Function key (Fn) and that corresponding key at the same time and see if the display comes back. Press it once and wait a minute, if nothing happens press it again and do the same thing. Do it a few times. You may also have to do that when you plug in your external monitor as well to get a display on it. What that does is tell the computer to display the image on an external monitor.
1. Immediately run PSA. (Make sure laptop is connected to AC Adapter. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the Fn key then press power button once).
2. Just wait for about 3 to 5 minutes then you might will hear beeping sounds (no display with beeping sounds) this means that laptop is working fine but no display. This might cause by either the video card or LCD.
3. After hearing beeps turn off laptop. (Press and hold on the power button for about 3 seconds)
4. Leave laptop off. Press and hold on the D key then press power button once. If full screen colors appears this means LCD is working fine and the problem is the video card. If no display from the LCD no colors were displayed try the test again just to make sure. If still the same no full screen colors then the problem is the LCD.
try to power drain the laptop,turn it off, removed the battery and unplugged the charger then press and hold the power button or the on and off button for one minute the connect the laptop directly to the power outlet without using the battery for the meantime,then power it on, if nothing happens,contact manufacturer for LCD issue
try to press and hold Fn and F8 - this is to toggle screen setting to ext and back to LCD on laptop. if nothing happens turn off computer by pressing power button, unplug the ac adapter, remove the battery. remvoe residual electricity from computer by pressing power button 10 times. just plug again the ac and leave the battery out. Pres and hold the letter D and while holding that press the power button once and release both of them. it will perform the built in self test on the lcd. if nothing happens, turn off computer. press anf hold Fn and while holding it press power button. it will perform diagnosis on computer. if still nothing happens need to repalce motherboard and LCD.
1. remove all ext peripherals 2. remove battery 3. check first the ac adapter if it has led on (make sure ac adapter is not connected to the laptop) 4. try any other wall socket check if ac adapter will led stay on 5. if ac adapter stayed on then connect to laptop (without the batter) 6. after connecting the ac adapter to laptop check if the ac adapter led turned off, if yes then check ac adapter laptop pin on the side if is loose or damage. 7. if ac adapter stayed on after connecting to laptop press now the power button on the laptop just once. check if the power led on laptop will turn on (check if power led stays on or it blinks amber) 8. if it blinks amber then remove all CRUs such as dvd drive, memory, hard drive and wireless cards. put them back one at a time. make sure you turn off laptop when putting removed hardware. this will check and isolate which causing the power led to blink. 9. if the power led stays on then turn it off again then wait a couple of seconds then press and hold on Fn key then press power button. wait for about 5 minutes while the power led is steady on, until you hear beeps once you hear beeps it means that LCD has problems. try then connecting laptop to an external monitor if it shows display there. press on Fn + F8 to toggle the display from LCD laptop to the ext monitor. if no display replace the motherboard. if it has display replace LCD.
no display after switching on the laptop? 1. try to connect to an external monitor using an analog video cable. monitor is on. turn on laptop after a minute press and hold on Fn key then press F8 at the same time to toggle the display between LCD to Monitor, if nothing happened do step 2. 2. turn of laptop. remove video cable. press and hold D key then press power button at the same time. this will test the LCD. check if there are colors display. if yes do step 3, if no replace lcd and lcd cable. 3. make sure laptop is off. press and hold on the Fn key then press power button at the same time to run a quick test. Even no display or anything wait for about 5 minutes check if you will hear series of beeps. If yes.replace video card if it is expansion, replace motherboard if it is integrated.
Turn on pc
Take a hairdrier at full 2000watts and apply heat into computers vent in upper right corner for approx 2-3minutes - screen will turn on and off due to the heat - turn computer off - now apply pressure to keyboard around J K L and enter buttons several times or use pressure with your palm without damaging keyboard,only firm pressure - wait 5-10 minutes for pc to have cooled down - power on and it will ligt up screen..this helped on mine....