Before reciently re-formatted my pc, I had a USB webcam that worked upon pluging it in(which was given to me, w/o an installation CD). Now, after the format. The USB cam no longer works, and is also unable to auto locate a driver. The hardware is recognized, but after re-updateing everything on my pc. I still cant find a driver for my webcam. The webcam is slieghly old, has no brand name listed.
I setup my windows OS the same way as I did initally(when the webcam worked).. I cant figure out whats wrong
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Remove your webcam and un-install the driver from the PC. Perhaps it is possible that the driver had gone corrupt and so will need a reinstallation. Please install the drivers again and connect the webcam when prompted on the PC. If there is no picture then the fault can be due to a faulty webcam which can be checked and confirmed on another PC. Make sure the drivers downloaded are good, if not repeat the process with a new download.
1) Plug in the USB connector of the webcam into your PC's USB socket
2) Connect the MIC by pluging in the MIC connector to the RED audiio in socket provided at the back of your PC.
3) Install the webcam driver from the CD provided to you with the web cam
4) A new software must have been installed Click on the software's icon to start the web cam
check the usb settings enabled in the bios or the cable inside the laptop.In some case the usb cable inside get fault and it will not detect the web cam.In normal case if you plug any usb device it will detect the usb device then the os will show new hardware found and will allow you to install the software for it,if it doesnt detect you cannot install the driver for it and in the yahoo messenger it give the message