Question about Acer Computers & Internet
My laptop power button does not work smoothly. it has to be pressed 2 to 3 times to start computer. i have already cleaned the dust in it but the problem is same. what can i do to make work my laptop power button to normal.
There is a small green board underneath the buttons that has silver contacts underneath them that allows the buttons to activate. These silver contacts wear out over time which is why your having to press the power button more then once to get it to respond. That small green board with the silver contacts on them would have to be replaced.
Posted on Feb 11, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 29, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Waste ink full reset
These are the instructions which worked for me on my Canon pixma mp470:
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
Mar 27, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 10, 2011 | Dell Studio 1737 Laptop
Jan 19, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Dec 28, 2010 | GoPro HD HERO Naked Wearable Camera
Oct 11, 2009 | HP Pavilion dv6000z Notebook
Sep 25, 2009 | Compaq Presario C700T Notebook
Apr 26, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
Nov 13, 2008 | ASUS Eee 4G Notebook
69 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: