I connected my phone via bluetooth, and it works, but sometimes it refuses to end the call. My phone registers the call as ended, but the Garmin continues to tick off the time. When I press the red end call button nothing happens. I have to shut down the Garmin in order to make another call. I've tried pairing them again, but it still happens.
Solution below works for NUVI660 as well; ignore everything after step 6 but DO reboot and delete previously existing connections.
I was having the same problem with my Curve and Nuvi 680. What has fixed this for me is downgrading the Bluetooth firmware version on the Nuvi itself. I was running version 3.0 (you can check your version by going to Settings -> System -> About on the Nuvi) -- I had success after downgrading to version 2.4.
It's a bit of a convoluted process, but here is the procedure I followed:
1. Download the old Nuvi BT firmware from the Garmin Italy website:
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have a motorola phone, and it's fine.
I have paired the phone to the zumo, and the phone is set to connect to the zumo automatically.
Check the phone is set up this way, and all should be well.
Hope this helps.
To register your Garmin GPS product simply go to the Garmin website at https://my.garmin.com/mygarmin/marketing/register.htm. If you aren't able to register the product via the website you might be able to call Garmin support. Their number is 1-800-800-1020 (U.S.).
Have you connected the device to the computer and run webupdater? Mine showed up with a bluetooth firmware upgrade. Bluetooth works fine, however, lost the functionality of the phonebook after the update. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose
I have recently purchased a Zumo 550 and successfully copied across selected phone book entries from a Nokia N95 without the need to use any additional apps:-
1) Assuming the N95 and Zumo are paired via BlueTooth
2) In N95 Contacts - use 'Mark' / 'Mark All' as necessary to select the contact entries you wish to transfer to the Zumo 550
3) In N95 Contacts - select 'Options' then 'Send Business Card' then 'Via Bluetooth'
4) Select the Zumo 550 device from the list of paired Bluetooth devices
5) Contact data is transferred from N95 phonebook to Zumo 550 phonebook
Interestingly, Garmin don't seem to list the Nokia N95 as being a supported device on their website, but the above process worked for me!!
While the unit is plugged into the computer, it cannot be used as a speaker phone. If you have a cellphone connected via Bluetooth, it will transfer the call to the C550, but you will not hear the other party and vice versa. The unit cannot be manipulated until it is disconnected from the computer.
1) Turn on unit 2) Press VIEW MAP 3) Press SPEED in lower left hand side of map 4) This will bring you to the Trip meter screen on this screen press the round speedometer at the top of the screen for about 10 seconds this will bring you to the SYSTEM BIOS. 5) From this point forward be careful you can mess up your unit by changing the wrong thing. 6) Press NEXT until you come to the BLUETOOTH STATUS screen. 7) Now press UPDT P this should complete your update.