Question about Garmin nuvi 265 Car GPS Receiver
I connected my phone via bluetooth, and it works, but sometimes it refuses to end the call. My phone registers the call as ended, but the Garmin continues to tick off the time. When I press the red end call button nothing happens. I have to shut down the Garmin in order to make another call. I've tried pairing them again, but it still happens.
Solution below works for NUVI660 as well; ignore everything after step 6 but DO reboot and delete previously existing connections.
I was having the same problem with my Curve and Nuvi 680. What has fixed this for me is downgrading the Bluetooth firmware version on the Nuvi itself. I was running version 3.0 (you can check your version by going to Settings -> System -> About on the Nuvi) -- I had success after downgrading to version 2.4.
It's a bit of a convoluted process, but here is the procedure I followed:
1. Download the old Nuvi BT firmware from the Garmin Italy website:
2. Connect your Nuvi to your PC.
3. Go into the X:GarminRemoteSW and look for a file called 006B055301.GCD (where X: is your Nuvi drive)
4. Back up that file to your computer, and delete it from the Nuvi.
5. Extract the file in the zip downloaded in step 1 to the X:GarminRemoteSW directory
6. Disconnect your Nuvi from your computer, and let it reboot
7. Click on "View Map," then touch the "Speed" in the lower left corner.
8. You should have the "Dashboard" view up. Touch and hold the "Moving Average" box for ~15 seconds until the diagnostic screen appears.
9. Press the "next" button until you arrive at the "Bluetooth Status" screen (5-6 screens in)
10. Click "Updt PR" and then click "Yes"
11. Reboot the Nuvi, delete the existing bluetooth pairing, and attempt to re-pair with your BlackBerry.
Seems to work perfectly now -- please let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 07, 2011 | Garmin zumo 665 GPS Receiver
Feb 04, 2011 | Samsung SGHE250i Cell Phone
Nov 11, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
Dec 24, 2008 | Garmin zumo 550 GPS Receiver
Jul 03, 2008 | GPS
Jun 21, 2008 | Garmin nuvi 350 GPS Receiver
Mar 04, 2008 | Garmin zumo 550 GPS Receiver
Jan 14, 2008 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3i Cellular Phone
Dec 21, 2007 | Garmin StreetPilot c550 GPS Receiver
463 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: