Question about Cell Phones

1 Answer

My son put his LG Shine through the wash. We immediately opened it up, removed the battery and dried it out as best as possible. We left on an air vent for 4 days, put in a new battery and turned it on. It will charge when plugged in, but the screen is very faint and hard to read. It also will not turn on. Is there anything that can be done? Patti

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Expert
  • 247 Answers

What you've done so far is perfect. All it needs now is more time to dry out completely.

If you can afford to do without it for that long, remove the battery again and leave the phone in a dry place. Come back to it after a couple of weeks and see how it behaves. Repeat this until it is back to normal.

After my son's KG290 went through the wash last year, it was several months before we put it back into service.

A.

Posted on Feb 10, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

2 Answers

My son dropped his phone in the ocean will not come on


It most likely is dead. Whenever this happens you should immediately remove the battery. If that is not possible turn the phone off. From there, letting the phone dry by putting it in a Ziploc bag with rice for several days sometimes will fix the phone.
I once dropped mine in a pool. I popped the battery off, dried it out with the rice method and tried to get it working again. It did not work until I replaced the battery but the phone was fine after that.

Aug 29, 2011 | LG Dare VX9700 Cell Phone

1 Answer

My sons Samsung E2121B was left in his pocket and ended up being washed. I took it apart to dry it out but, when i put it back together and just turned it on a blue screen just appears and flashes. Can...


Opening the phone ON was a mistake!

Remove battery and sim and place it (open) in a bowl full of rise (uncooked of course).
Leave it there for 15 hours minimum.

Rise have the ability to absorb humidity.

After that, test it.



Other possibilities are to use below product (or similar ones):
http://www.getgadgetgenie.com/

Jul 29, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Cell Phone was washed in the washing machine


You are far better off buying a new phone. Put the old one on Craigs list - looking for a repair person - for this problem and or say you want to sell it out right and take that as a down payment.

Thanks
Gary @ Fix Ya

Jul 07, 2010 | LG Neon GT365 Cell Phone

2 Answers

My son dropped the DS in the bath last week. I


Let it dry out for another day or two too make sure it's completely dry inside. Or you can you a hair dryers to blow out and dry the excess water inside.

In case none of this will work, it needs repair.

Feb 23, 2010 | Nintendo DSi Blue Console

1 Answer

Mobile LG gone into water - need repair centre in Sydney City or West


When a phone drops into water, first thing to do is to remove the battery, loose the phone, and dry with heat. Allow phone to dry very well and allow it to cool before you couple the phone back. After all these, put it back on and don't be surprised to see your phone working well again.

Most at times when phone drops into water and battery is not removed, or phone is not dried immediately, the panel in the phone will begin to rust and it might be hard to fix.

I wish you the best of luck.

Nov 16, 2009 | LG KU990 Viewty

2 Answers

Dropped LG shine into a bucket of water


if it was just pure water leave the battery out and let it dry for a few days in a warm dry place if not wash it out with warm water and let it dry this has worked for me a few times in the past hope it works for you

Oct 31, 2009 | LG Shine KE970 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

LG Shine CU720's screen does not work.


sorry to say i think its toast but you can try taking out the battery and phone card cuz i droped mine in a glass of water and i had problems witht the screen at first but then i left it dry out also try putting the pieces in a bag of rice to dry it out but if it still doesnt work i think your just out of luck because the companies warnity doesnt cover water damage.

Aug 09, 2009 | AT&T LG CU720 Cell Phone - Silver

2 Answers

LG KF75 secret moist and doesnt work


1 pull the battery and sim out and dry immediately this normally shorts out or gets hot burning up the battery and the phone also Do Not Plug Phone Into Charger Or Other Cables you are asking for trouble if you do this IT WILL SHORT OUT
2 dry out by leaving all covers off and open the phone up as much as possible
3 you can put it under a hair dryer Be Careful this can damage your phone as well don't get it too hot
and don't blow it into the phone too hard you will only push water around making problems worse in other words a gentle heat is ok don't blast with air. the best method ive found is to place in front of an air conditioner like a window unit these things will pull moisture out like a sponge without the heat in the summer this is the best method I have found and have had some success with.. do not put battery or sim in your phone until it is completely dry that means give it a day or two after trying these methods to just sit then install your sim & battery if it boots. consider yourself the luckiest person in the world water and moister even from sweat if you carry your phone in your pocket kills phones quicker than anything and very few are able to recover from it.

Jul 19, 2009 | LG Secret ? KF750 Cellular Phone

2 Answers

LGShine


the water usually shorts out the little lcd screen. i have heard that when u drop a phone into water it discharges all battery power into the phone. in effect shocking the screen, speakers, keypad etc. best thing to do when this happens is to check if your warrenty is expired and try to get a new one. if u dont have a warrenty, open the phone completely and let all guts dry. i am now a cell expert, i dont advise anyone to open a cell phone, becauce it could result in personal injury or damage to phone. only try this if u are skilled with small devices. attempt at your own risk.

Jan 02, 2009 | LG Shine KE970 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

One cell gt wetted


ya you can fix it yourself
just follow this tips below :
take a hair dryer and dry it completely ...
remember while drying remove your battery . ...
and dont dry the battery with very hot air ...

any doubts reply me
i am alway here to assist you
thank you
bye

Apr 15, 2008 | LG Shine KE970 Cellular Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cell Phones Logo

Related Topics:

72 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cell Phones Experts

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

yadayada
yadayada

Level 3 Expert

66126 Answers

William Alequin

Level 3 Expert

856 Answers

Are you a Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...