My phone got pretty wet in my pocket when it rained. Turned it off, took everything out (battery, SIM card) dried it out. Put it back together only to find there seems to be water trapped under the touch screen. I can receive calls, but can't navigate around my phone at all because it's all done using the touch screen.
Any Ideas on how to get the water out from under the screen? Please help!
The best way to do it is to take the screen off and get all the water off the inside of the screen, but i thought it was too hard to loosen the tiny little screws on the back!
what i did i bassically did everything to try and get it out but there was a tiny bit left. so i out it in the bathroom with me while i went for a really hot shower and all the water turn in water vapour and went away then it worked u should try it!!!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The digitizer maybe bad. You may want to leave it out without the battery in. use a blow dryer but do not heat it up it will crack the screen. If that doesn't dry the screen out then the digitizer will have to be replaced. hope this helps.
My LG KU990 viewty screen has frozen....meaning...the touch screen doesn't respond when I press it. I can answer the phone and only call numbers i've already. Does anyone know how I can fix this I stupidly did not get it insured
I've turned it off and left it off for some time, taken the sim card out, but this doesn't help. Does anyone have a solution?
I forget my LG Vu (CU920) was in my pocket and I jumped in the pool. I was in the pool for about 10 minutes before I realized. It was full of water. I took the battery out as soon as I realized it. HERES HOW I FIXED IT!!!!!!!!!
Step 1- I took it home, removed the screws on the back panel, and removed it. Now the entire back casing was off.
Step 2- I put the phone and battery (separate) in a bowl of uncooked rice. Sounds crazy but this absorbs all of the water. I left it in there for 2 days.
Step 3- After 2 days, I put the battery back in and everything turned on. Only problem was there was a big bubble in my LCD screen. I then took the phone apart further by popping of the front casing of the phone. I then try to get underneath the LCD to air it out, but I accidentally broke the LCD screen (inside the phone...not plastic outer screen).
Step 4- I went online and purchased a new LCD screen for around $40 from a cel phone parts website. I got it and installed it which was not too hard. You just have to remove all the visible screws (i believe there are 6) from the back side. Then pop off the front cover and the rest is pretty obvious.
Step 5- Put it all back together and it all worked again!
Step 6- My battery soon died after of all this...Im guessing from the water damage. I bought a new one online for around 20 bucks. Now the phone is good as new.
All in all spent 60 bucks and revived the Vu from water damage!!!!!!!!!
ive had a similar problem... but what i did is i looked at what the insurance does cover... since it doesnt cover water damage.. defect the phone in some way that the insurance will cover. its only if you're in desperate need. there is no way to fix water damage... but i know PLENTY of tricks to soak water out of the phone
caring for the touch screen includes touching the screen with clean and DRY hands., if your phone fell in the water, it will likely damage the touch screen.. contact your nearest LG repair center.. i hope your phone will soon be fine..
I was cleaning the pool when my LG Vu took a dive. I fished it out in about 2 minutes...should have jumped in and it would have been in only seconds.....anyway. Dried it off with my shirt and pushed the lock button to unlock and see the screen...it was on but said Emergency Download. I took the battery out and dried it off also took out the SIM card and memory card. Shook the water out; some drips here and there, fortunately it wasn't water-logged. I let it sit for about an hour and got on the internet to find a remedy. I took advice to put back the memory and SIM cards and plug in to charger....the screen directed me to put in the battery....so far so good. The screen said the battery was charging. I waited patiently for that to finish. When complete, unhooked the charger and hit the unlock button again....what do you know the screen came up! I was estatic! But....the touch screen would not work!! Back on the internet for advice. Decided to do the hair dryer trick. I set the dryer on cool setting and let it blow on the screen. I also opened up the chargers portal and let air blow in there. I took the cover off the back to the battery and let it blow on there....being very careful not to let the battery fall out and not let the phone get hot. I did this for about 30 minutes. There was some fogging of the screen so I focused more on drying the screen with the dryer. The fog cleared up and when I touched the touch screen the top of the screen started working first...bottom still not responding...a little more of the dryer and all worked!!! Screen fogged again in about 20 minutes...dryed it again with dryer and it has been dry ever since. I have gone to every application, etc. on my phone and everything works just like it did before it took a dip! Hope this helps some of you! Key is patience, and some drying with TLC! Best of Luck!
take the phone to a service centre who will attempt to do what we call an ionic bath. this is a bath of electricity and pure alcohol.
they should then use i fibre glass pencil to clean trhe contacts properly. you may also need a replacement screen depending upon how badly the water damage is.