Question about Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
When i turn the device on it asks for the password. when i entered the correct password it does not move on to the next screen. i am 100% on the password and yet i justoes not do anything. what can i do now?
I got this similar password problem with Tomtom One XL. I just solve this problem step by step under the following ways.
1. Connect One XL to TomTom Home in your computer using USB cable and switch on ONE XL. (Click YES to connect each other)
2a. Click "Manage my ONE XL"
2b. Click "Items on device" tag.
3. Now you can see all of the data in your device and click "Applications".
4. Click inside the check box and click "Copy items to computer".
(This step is back up for just incase)
5. After Backing up your applications, then Click "Applications" check box and click "Remove from device".
6. After removing applications, unplug from computer and switch off ONE XL.
7. Connect ONE XL and computer again and switch on your ONE XL.
8. TOMTOM Home will search your applications in your device. Finally it will automatically download and installed the new applications. (There will be 4 times installation and the device will restart itself. At this step, you need to touch "Yes" on your device to connect the device and computer.)
9. After installation completed, your device looks like newly come out from the factory.
10. Set up Language, Time, and so on and ready to use.
Posted on Jun 24, 2010
Easy fix for the problem is formating the device, and restore via tomtom home.
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
Just connected to TOMTOM home using the USB and tyour computer and reset the thing, its easy. And while you're at it, make sure you update maps, satellite connections.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2011 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Sep 30, 2010 | Tomtom ONE XL GPS
Jun 23, 2010 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
Dec 26, 2009 | Tomtom ONE XL GPS
Oct 03, 2009 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
May 11, 2009 | Tomtom ONE XL GPS
Oct 09, 2008 | Tomtom XL 330 Car GPS Receiver
Aug 06, 2014 | Tomtom One XL GPS Receiver
3,675 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: