- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I've read quite a few posts from people complaining about the H500's earpiece being too loose and it flopping when they turn their heads. Here is a fix. After wearing mine for two days I was aggravated enough to try and find a solution. I love the H500 and didnt want to give it up,but the dang thing WAS loose... so :
1. Take the earpiece off just as if you were going to make it as if you would use it on the opposite ear.
2. Notice the sharp bend at the top of earpiece.That is where we will make the adjustment.
3. Get a candle or have a friend to hold a lighter steadily for you
4. Run sharp bend of earpiece thru the flame (DO NOT HOLD OVER THE FLAME) paying attention to the plastic,when it takes on an oily smooth look it will be warm enough to GENTLY push the two ends towards each other to tighten the hook shape. Run the earpiece under cool water when desired shape is reached and make sure plastic is cool. reattach the earpiece and place on ear.
5. Shake head side to side and that baby "shouldn't" budge at all. if it does adjust a little more using the above steps.
I hope this helps as it was one of the biggest gripes out there.
•First take your device and hold it vertical.
•Looking at the earpiece that ressembles somewhat Alladin lamp, it's tip is positioned either at past 20 (for right ear) or before 20 (for left ear).
•Depending if it's one side or the other, you should turn the earpiece clockwise to 30 or counterclockwise to 30. So the "tip of the lamp", which is the ear channel of the earpiece in fact, is indeed at 30 past the hour.
•Then pull it out with a round motion downward, assuming the upper part is the blue light.
You can then change the side of the ear wire and or the earpiece for a different size supplied by RIM when you bought the device.
I don't know how/where to get new earpieces. They don't seem to sell them separately...which is rather frustrating considering the price they sell this device!