Question about LG DLE2515S Gas Dryer
We have a 2006 LG Model DLE5977W that is making a clunking noise when it runs. We tried it with different size loads, as well as with no load in it at all. It seems to dry ok but we're nervous this might become something worse. Please Help! I have the same problem, cracked drum 2 yrs. 4 months old. What is the cost of the part??? I can only imagine what the labor would be....I heard very costly????
Clunking could be from bad rollers or cracked drum. Check the drum seam for a crack. If its the rollers you can do the same thing as drum replacement only order the rollers. I got my parts from Sears parts. The below is for a 2514 but should be close for yours.
Ordered drum from Sears parts. 3045EL1002D
Cost of 85$ + 15 to ship. It came in 5 days.
Here is how to do it on a DLE2514W. Takes about an hour. I only used a phillips screw
driver. Take your time and look over the situation. I hope that I rememberd
everything. Good luck.
Dryer Drum Repair
Dryer Drum Repair
1. Remove L bracket with 6 screws at the top, rear.
2. Slide top back 2 inches to unlatch and remove.
3. Remove control panel with 2 screws at top, inside corners.
4. Carefully unplug 4 plugs from back of control panel.
5. Looking at inside at the top. Remove wiring bundle from 2 guides.
6. Unplug wire from dryer light.
7. Open dryer door and unscrew 2 screws behind door just below lint trap.
8. Remove 4 screws at top of front panel that holds the door.
9. Lift up front panel to remove. I couldn't get the door switch plug to disconnect
so I carefully rotated it an set it on top of the dryer.
10. Remove upper case bracket with 2 screws in front and 2 screws inside at top.
11. slide up a bit to unlock from sides. Watch routing of dryer switch wire bundle.
12. Remove lint trap duct with 2 machine screws. Carefully slide down to remove.
13. Remove front drum support with 4 screws attached to sides. Lift up to disengage
sides. Lift drum to free from rollers.
14. Observe how drive belt is routed around motor and tension roller. Push tension
roller up and release belt. Carefully take belt off and remove.
15. Almost done. Lift drum up at rear to free from rear rollers. Remove.
16. While your're there vacuume up dust and reverse procedure to install.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2014 | LG WM Washing Machines
Sep 02, 2014 | LG 4925ER1015B 4924ER1010 Used Frontload...
Dec 18, 2009 | LG DLE5932S Electric Dryer
Apr 19, 2009 | Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
Nov 16, 2008 | Whirlpool LTE6234D Top Load Stacked...
Jun 07, 2008 | LG DLG5988 Stainless Steel Gas Dryer
Aug 31, 2011 | LG DLE2515S Gas Dryer
2,058 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: