Set up of yahoo messenger installation stuck at 99% on screan,but on task bar a set up icon is there showing yahoo messenger installation-97%..and while uninstalling it it showa error install.log file missing.\,and even doesnt uninstall
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Reboot your computer. 2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. Thiswill bring up the Windows Security window. Click the "Task Manager"button and then click the "Task Manager" tab. 3. You will see a list offiles/applications. These are the applications running in the background onyour system, whether they show on your taskbar or not. Any one of theseapplications could be causing a conflict with the Yahoo! Messengerinstallation. 4. Click the top item on the list tohighlight it. Then hold the "Shift" key down and click the last itemon the list. This should highlight the whole list.
5.Click the "End Task" button. This will temporarily close allbackground applications on your system.
6. Click the "X" in the upperright corner to close the Task Manager window. 7. Install Yahoo! Messenger. You should notexperience the same issue that you had before. 8. After Yahoo! Messenger is installed,runregistry cleaner reginout also rebootyour system. All other background applications will return to their originalconfigurations.
1. Reboot your computer. 2. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on your keyboard. This will bring up the Windows Security window. Click the "Task Manager" button and then click the "Task Manager" tab. 3. You will see a list of files/applications. These are the applications running in the background on your system, whether they show on your taskbar or not. Any one of these applications could be causing a conflict with the Yahoo! Messenger installation. 4. Click the top item on the list to highlight it. Then hold the "Shift" key down and click the last item on the list. This should highlight the whole list. 5. Click the "End Task" button. This will temporarily close all background applications on your system. 6. Click the "X" in the upper right corner to close the Task Manager window. 7. Install Yahoo! Messenger. You should not experience the same issue that you had before. 8. After Yahoo! Messenger is installed,run registry cleaner reginout also reboot your system. All other background applications will return to their original configurations.
I am suffering this, the best thing I could do is go to the Yahoo Messenger directoru and set the yahoomessenger.exe compability mode with windows xp sp3.
suddenly the y!m got tamed.
I'm using y!7m with win7 64 bit right now :)
At the top of your friends list window click on Contacts and make sure the "show offline contacts" is checked, this will make your friends show on your list whether they are online or offline.After checking this and none of them still show up on your list then you have an internal problem with messenger and you need to uninstall messenger Completely so you can get rid of the corrupted file that is causing your problem and get a clean install.When you uninstall not all of the yahoo messenger files are deleted from your Program Files, so if the problem you are having is caused by a corrupted file then the problem will still be there when you install it again.So what you need to do is uninstall messenger then go to your Program files and delete the yahoo folder. This will get rid of all remaining files especially the corrupted ones.
To uninstall you need to click on the Start button(the one on your task bar) then go to Control Panel then to Add/Remove Programs, find yahoo messenger in the list and click on it then on uninstall.<< this is for XPTo uninstall in Vista click on start then Control Panel then on Uninstall a Program in the new window find yahoo messenger click it to uninstall it.To find and delete the Yahoo folder click on the START button in your task bar then on My Computer then C: drive then Program Files then right click on the Yahoo folder and Delete it. It's a good idea tI do recommend you get the 220.127.116.111 version as it is the most stable a bug free version of messenger !!
When you download it just save it to your desktop and then run the installer from there.If you have XP just double click on it to start the install.To install messenger on Vista you need to download messenger to your desktop. Then Right click on the installer and then click on "Run as Administrator" to get it to install correctly.you will not lose your contacts by uninstalling messenger as they are saved on the yahoo servers.o reboot your PC now to make sure it's all gone out of your system.
The system tray (in short: systray, nowadays also called taskbar notification area) is the icon strip normally located near the right end of the task bar, next to the clock.
Some Windows XP installations show a peculiar defect in that some systray icons disappear or, rather, do not appear, when the system is booted and the user logs on. The problem is even more prevalent on systems with autologon. The most frequently affected icons seem to be the speaker icon (sound volume) and the power/energy icon.
This has nothing to do with the hide inactive icons settings. The defect shows up when you don't have any icons set for hiding.
In any case, please make sure for now that you haven't activated that setting. Right-click the task bar, click on Properties, uncheck the last check box. You can reactivate it later if all other problems are identified or solved.
Check your Startup folder and the starter registry entries through Start, Run..., type: msconfig, press Enter, to check whether the programs are really started at system start, or use Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) to see whether the processes are running.
If you are working with a PC that has Windows XP, probably if the YM don't successfully install perhaps you need an XP Pack2 OS. The old version of the Yahoo Messenger will best fit the older Windows Professional. If you need to upgrade yahoo, format your computer with XP P2 or other higher versions like Win8, Win Vista etc.
Press (on your keyboard) Ctrl + Alt + Delete at the same time and the task manager should come up. If you have windows vista then select task manager when given a list of options.
--> Go to the Tab that says "Processes" --> Look for the name "YahooMessenger.exe" on the left hand side. and click it to highlight it. --> Click "End Process" on the bottom right hand side. --> Its going to ask do you want to end process. Just say yes. Or it might hesitate for a minute and say the task is not responding. Simply hit "End" --> Once you no longer see "YahooMessenger" in the list, double the yahoo messenger icon to bring it back up.
If this still does not work your going to have to unistall and re-install the program.