Question about LG DLE2515S Gas Dryer
My drum in my dryer has cracked and clothes are getting stuck in it now. I see several people have the same problem with other LG dryers. Has there been any recalls?
If not, what is the replacement drum item number, how do I order it, and how hard will it be to fix ourselves?
Also...my dryer gets stuck on 6 minutes for a long, long time.
I also have a cracked drum Model# dle2515s just 2 years old in Sept. 08, very disappointed in Lg products, had my washer 2 months & had to replace the front controls
.....bought LG because they were rated very high.....????
I had a 2514 with a similar problem. Cracked drum. This is what I did to fix it. With the new drum. No noise at all.
Ordered drum from Sears parts. 3045EL1002D
Cost of 85$ + 15 to ship. It came in 5 days.
Here is how to do it on a DLE2514W. Takes about an hour. I only used a phillips screw
driver. Take your time and look over the situation. I hope that I rememberd
everything. Good luck.
Dryer Drum Repair
Dryer Drum Repair
1. Remove L bracket with 6 screws at the top, rear.
2. Slide top back 2 inches to unlatch and remove.
3. Remove control panel with 2 screws at top, inside corners.
4. Carefully unplug 4 plugs from back of control panel.
5. Looking at inside at the top. Remove wiring bundle from 2 guides.
6. Unplug wire from dryer light.
7. Open dryer door and unscrew 2 screws behind door just below lint trap.
8. Remove 4 screws at top of front panel that holds the door.
9. Lift up front panel to remove. I couldn't get the door switch plug to disconnect
so I carefully rotated it an set it on top of the dryer.
10. Remove upper case bracket with 2 screws in front and 2 screws inside at top.
11. slide up a bit to unlock from sides. Watch routing of dryer switch wire bundle.
12. Remove lint trap duct with 2 machine screws. Carefully slide down to remove.
13. Remove front drum support with 4 screws attached to sides. Lift up to disengage
sides. Lift drum to free from rollers.
14. Observe how drive belt is routed around motor and tension roller. Push tension
roller up and release belt. Carefully take belt off and remove.
15. Almost done. Lift drum up at rear to free from rear rollers. Remove.
16. While your're there vacuume up dust and reverse procedure to install.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Use JB Weld, Just prep the area with sandpaper and hold in place till cure! JB Quik is only 4 mins. I am using it on the outside and the inside of the drum as we speak! I figure I already need a new drum right???
Wish me luck!
Posted on Mar 23, 2011
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 25, 2010 | LG DLE2512W Electric Dryer
Sep 07, 2010 | LG DLE2512W Electric Dryer
Oct 07, 2009 | LG DLE2512W Electric Dryer
Sep 04, 2009 | Dryers
Jun 10, 2009 | Dryers
May 18, 2009 | LG DLE2512W Electric Dryer
Dec 22, 2008 | LG DLE2512W Electric Dryer
Aug 31, 2011 | LG DLE2515S Gas Dryer
1,061 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: