- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Oops, You really have to print, selected black, till all Cyan ink is gone. This could take a while. Cleaning the head, won't solve anything.
If you really want to clean the ink out of the head and everything, you need special cleaning fluid. Refill shops do have this fluid. You should bring some cleaning fluid in the tube under the black cartridge, in the tube where the ink is going in. If you have a syringe you could try to gently press some fluid through the tube. Not to strong. could damage the head.
After placing back the black cartridge, select clean the head and let the printer do some black and withe print jobs, till the cyan is gone.
If you're still going to print in colors, unfortunately, it won't print and there's no way for the printer to ignore your out of ink level unless you change the cyan ink. I understand how costly that can be but you can still make the printer print if you configure it for black-only printing. Here's a link to download the User's Guide for the instructions on how to configure printer for Color Lock Out Mode. http://www.lexmark.com/publications/pdfs/2007/c53x/en/ug.pdf . Scroll to Printing, page 50, for the instructions. Since you won't be printing in color, you have to remove the color supplies. The User's Guide will give you instructions for that as well.
It is definite one cartridge is not running. You do one thing -
1. Write documents in MS-Word - select all - change the color to Red. Take print out. Check Printing is perfect or not.
2. Write documents in MS-Word - select all - change the color to Cyan. Take print out. Check Printing is perfect or not.
3. Write documents in MS-Word - select all - change the color to Yellow. Take print out. Check Printing is perfect or not.
I am sure when you changed the color to Cyan - it did not print Cyan or blank page you got. So you must replace the Cyan cartridge or may be ink is not coming out through the passage. And first you have to check whether you have removed the plastic tape from the head of t he cartridge.