Epson stylus 2100 all the lights flashing, printing will not work
All the lights on the printer flash as soon as it is turned on and the printer will not print anything. As when i attempt to print anything the printer dialog box pops up and says- service required.
running on mac 10.4.11
Thanks in advance guys.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
Re: epson stylus 2100 all the lights flashing, printing...
YOU NEED TO REMOVE ALL DRIVERS FOR THE PRINTER IN ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS IN CONTROL PANEL. THEN REINSTALL THE DRIVERS AGAIN. THIS WILL CLEAR UP THE PROBLEM.IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE CD WITH DRIVERS. YOU CAN FIND THEM ONLINE.PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RATE Y ANSEWER. THANKS HAVE A GREAT NIGHT.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
if all blink but the power, its a cutter position sensor if all blink at high speed except power, its a fatal error if paper blinks and then the inks blink, alternately, then its a maintenance error, and the pads need replacing as printer needs to be reset.
I had the same problem. You need to reset the waste ink counter:
1. Turn printer off, unplug power cord. Disconnect computor interface cable (back of the printer).
2. After one minute, reattach power cord, but not the computor interface cable.
3 Hold down the LOAD/EJECT and CLEANING buttons simultaneously (cleaning button has ink drop on it) .
4 Turn printer on. Release all buttons as soon as the paper out light flashes.
5 Quickly press the cleaning button, and hold for 10 sec while paper out light flashes.
6 Release the button and the printer will initialize.
7. Once the initialization is complete, turn the printer off.
8. Reconnect the interface cable.
9. Turn the printer on and try to print your document.
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons", then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”
1. Turn printer off
2. Press the left 2 buttons down and continue holding them down while turning the power button on. (all 3 are now pressed down)
3. In 3 or 4 seconds, the paper feed (jam) LED light begins to flash. (middle button)
4. Within 3 seconds as the paper feed button LED still flashes, release all 3 buttons together and immediately press down the ink cleaning button (left) and continue to hold down for about 10 - 20 seconds. As soon as the cleaning docking button LED flash, release it. That's it! You are now reset and ready to go.
NOTE: This is a strict timimg procedure and must be done fairly precisely in order for it to work. It may require several attempts for it to work for you. But...it does work! Happy printing!
Hi, it sounds like you have a print roller error. Make sure nothing is in the path of the print carriage or stuck in the printer anywhere, espically paper. You can do this by looking up inside the printer, in the papaer feeder, and in the printer cartridge install area. Also try unplugging the printer from the wall for about 5min then plugging it back in.
If nothing works, you can have an epson techician repair it but it would probably cost more than buying a good used printer or a new one. I can help you find a good used printer or a new one for less if you need to go this route.