- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
go to hp.com download your Conexant driver and fax modem driver for your model onto a flashdrive and install it on your laptop that way..another thing check your updates. microsoft has an audio conexant driver in the custom downloads...
Actually problem with compaq presario v6000 is that when you only install conexant high definition audio driver you get a error ,so first install microsoft universal audio driver and than conexant high definition audio drivers, i hope you have conexant high definition audio if not let me know..
_____________________________________________________ Low feed backs hurt my ratings and I tried my level best to resolve the issue. so it will be highly appreciated if provide your feedback.. Thanks for using fixya support..You have a wonderful day
Do not click on the link. Please copy the link and paste the link at the address bar of the browser. Next hit the enter key.
Installing this driver may result in an error. But continue with the following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter. 2. Right click on "AUDIO DEVICE ON HIGH DEFINATION BUS " or Conexant High defination audio entry and click Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location" 4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to install" 5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the list. 6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp35940 folder and the double click the (WinxP -> Thrifty10 -> CPL30A5a.inf file for Audio) Select the .inf file,
click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.