Question about HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
How do I reset the ink level detection on a HP C5180
Here is what you can try:
1. Turn off the power and unplug it from power source.
2. Open the right side of the printer (looking at the front).
3. Disconnect, by pulling gently, both white flat ribbon cables off the main circuit board.
4. Plug in the power source and turn the printer on. Wait till you get a error message and push "OK".
5. Unplug the power source.
6. Reconnect the flat ribbon cables by aligning and carefully pushing them into the conectors on the main circuit board.
7. Plug in the power source and turn the printer on (Printer preparing occurred).
8. The 0xc18a0306 error should now be gone.
Posted on Oct 19, 2010
You have to purchase new inks. If you have refills, it will not detect the ink levels due to the chip on the ink cartridge. When inks have been refilled, There is no way to reset the chip.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 14, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 22, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 27, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Aug 20, 2009 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Feb 23, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
5,358 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!