- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please do the following:
1. Call up your SERVICE PROVIDER and cancel the SIM. Ask them to issue a new SIM as the phone was stolen. Also if you can give your IMEI code of the phone it can be traced.
2. Leave a message on the phone before it is cut off asking that it must be returned to your address-
3. Please give a complaint to the CYBER CELL of the polic dept. with the document proof of your phone stating it was stolen, in case you can claim for insurance or trace the phone.
Hope you get lucky.
By giving your IMEI number, you will not be able to get your phone back,you will only be able to get the phone blocked and the person that stole the phone will not be able to make use of the phone. That is the main use of the imei number when the phone is missing.
Hope this information helped.
I think it is very hard nowadays to recover stolen or lost phones, but one thing you can do is block your phone so that the person who stole it cannot use the phone. All you have to do is call the phone provider. They will get some basic info and the IMEI number of your lost mobile set. They will register IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) of your cell phone and will request all the mobile operators to block this IMEI on their networks.
IMEI is a number which is unique to every GSM mobile phone. It is usually found
printed on or underneath the phone's battery and warranty card. IMEI of any set
can also be found by dialing the sequence *#06# into the phone. The IMEI number
is used by the GSM network to identify valid devices and therefore can be used to
stop a stolen phone from accessing the network. For example, if a mobile phone is
stolen, the owner can call his/her network provider and instruct them to "block" the
phone using its IMEI number. This renders the phone useless, regardless of whether
the phone's SIM is changed.
Hi, 4.Once stolen you just have to mail this 15 digit IMEI no. to firstname.lastname@example.org Your Mobile will be traced within next 24 hrs via a complex system of GPRS and internet... You will find where your hand set is being operated even in case your number is being changed. Hope Useful