An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 7 tips or uploaded 3 video tips
Re: My dryer wont work
Im Just taking a stab at this.
Possible this note is in the hardware to tell you this model doesn't have the feature your trying to get it to perform. Some boards are not model number specific and are used on a "line" of equipment. The item your choosing may not be available on your model. If it is available it may be that the board is not getting a signal back to it confirming the operation and it now thinks your model doesn't have this feature. Other than these 2 items I would have to call GE (and would have to call them any way to confirm my suspicion).
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This has happened to me before.?? To replace the rollers you most likely had to disassemble the whole dryer. Now the first thing I would check is to see if you connected the door switch back or if you connected it wrong.
- 45 - Service Test Mode The dryer control has a service test mode that can be utilized by the service technician in order to test critical components and to access error codes. This test mode will help the service technician to quickly identify failed or improperly operating dryer components.
Test Mode Description t01 Model ID Verifi es (or sets on new board) the proper model id. t02 Error Codes Lists up to 10 control-detected problems. t03 Software ID Displays the software version number and the non- volatile memory version number. t04 Program Non-volatile Memory Test Control computes and compares the 16-bit CRC of the non-volatile memory with the pre-computed version stored in the non-volatile memory. t05
Control turns on all LEDs and the 7-segment display. t06 Keys Continuity Verifi es that all displays and buttons work. t07 Outlet Thermistor Displays outlet thermistor temperature. t08 Inlet Thermistor Displays inlet thermistor temperature. t09
Displays voltage read from the moisture sensor. t10 Exhaust Detection Verifi es status of the exhaust system. To enter the test mode: To exit the test mode: Disconnect the power for 30 seconds. Reconnect power and within 30 seconds of reconnecting power: Press signal button. Press delay start button. Press signal button. Press delay start button. (Displays t01) 1. 2. a. b. c. d. Press the power button during the test selection mode. Note: A dryer left in the test mode will exit the test mode after a period of 30 minutes
You should inside the driver and on the front or back wall will be the sensor: two metal bars that send an electric current through the clothing. When the dryer detects more current goes through, it knows the clothes are still wet and keep running. If the sensor bars are broken, disconnected, or dirty, it will read no current and think you put clothes in there that were already dry. Make sure those contacts are nice and clean. Failing that, you'll need to test the sensor circuit for voltage to see what the problem is.
Open the door and remove the screws holding down the top. Then raise the top and you can get to the screws holding the front on. Get the front out and then the drum can come out so you can clean that guy out and replace that belt. How about some repair PHOTOS?
You said, your not heating also exhaust fan on dryer is not working screen show a
problem has been detected with the model selection connection
Sometimes this can happen when the vent line is clogged.
1. Check if the lint filter is full and needs to be cleaned.
Try this first.
2. Then check if the outside screen covering the exhaust vent if this is even half blocked
with lint there will be no heat! This screen is to keep small animals out!
Try checking this and if it is clogged or the spring loaded door is stuck closed.
Try to clean the lint out of the corners of the flap door,
and or remove the screen permanently!
NO ANIMALS LIKE TO GET BURNT,IT'S HOT IN THAT TUBE! They sense this and stay clear.
It is 2 years that mine is off and all is fine. Let me know how it goes!
Bless You huuum PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD RATING BEFORE YOU SIGN OFF!
GE Dryer - Profile Harmony DPTGT750GC1WW and perhaps others.
If a screen comes up with "model selection connection". It could be the motherboard that has problems. Most likely not the touch screen.
Possible solution - Before calling for repair.
- First unplug the dryer for two minutes. - Hand spin the dryer drum one or two turns while unplugged. ( in case motor was over heated) - Make sure the dryer door is fully closed. - Plug in (after the two minutes). - Cross fingers - Start.
- Let dryer cool between loads when possible. If this fails you may need to call for repairs. I think GE has one year repair plan unless you bought extended plan. If you paid with credit card, see if it was a paid with a credit card that extends warranty another year. Perhaps look into this "card choice" for your next high end purchase. Only if this helped...Donations_M.D.,box774,Fairfax,CA - Another try if this fails - If you dare - Unplug, you can remove about three screws holding top panel on (on rear) and tilt top forward. Check to see that all connectors are seating well on motherboard. (White box in center). Hope see works for you!