Question about LG LMV1925 Microwave Oven

4 Answers

We have an LG LMV1925SB microwave. I was heating water in it last night and the water overheated and exploded. The impact forced the microwave door open. The time screen went goofy. The microwave made a loud buzzing noise. I shut off the breaker. Should we turn on the breaker to see if the microwave still works? Is this at all fixable?

Posted by on

4 Answers

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that has over 500 points.

    Governor:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 183 Answers

Best way is, just unplug first and clean inside of the mechine and just plug in back and turn it on.
it should word if not you need to call Technician for professinal service.

Thanks for posting on Fixya

Posted on Feb 10, 2009

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Sergeant:

    An expert that has over 500 points.

    Champion:

    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 289 Answers

Hi.it can be resolved.once your oven got exploded after over
heating the water which got overheated could have splashed
inside.It might have splashed on the top of the circuit wires.
so it is not advised to turn on the breaker now.Try to make your
oven dry by keeping it in the open air for a day atleast to make it
dry since it has been splashed by water inside.u can use your oven
after a day.
try this out..
thank u..

Posted on Feb 10, 2009

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 6,966 Answers

Hi and welcome to FixYa,

Actually, no and the microwave oven must be unplugged. Water definitely went inside the the unit and could have reached the electronics. What is required is to open the unit, force air dry the inside using a can of compressed air. Thereafter, it may still be necessary to let it stand for some time to ensure that it has dried. Then, an electrical contact cleaner must be sprayed on the electronics board, door switch, sensors, connectors and most everything electrical. Finally, resistance checks must be made to the body ground. Soon as this checks out, a leakage check must be done.

Offhand, if you are not that familiar nor comfortable working with electrically powered units, your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional. If you would factor in the repair/checkup cost, down time and the effort, you may want to re-evaluate your options and consider a replacement. This is largely based on the assumption that the door latch, lock switch could now be faulty when it was forced open.

Good luck and thank you for using FixYa.

Posted on Feb 10, 2009

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Vice President:

    An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.

  • Master
  • 837 Answers

Well .. I would first unplug it . .then turn on the breaker .. then plug it back in and see

Posted on Feb 10, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

No heating after exploding sound lg


This indicates the magnetron has failed, "heart of the microwave oven" if everything else is working then the culprit is as stated above, often gives off a strong odor. In most cases it is cheaper to replace the oven rather than repair.

Mar 02, 2012 | LG LRM1230W Microwave Oven

1 Answer

I have an Electrolux High Speed Oven E30SO75FPS that's 3 years old and the Magnetron has failed for the 3rd time. What can be causing this?


Is the internal cooling fan working?

Are the ducts and vents clear?

Problems with any of those can result in overheating, which destroys magnetrons.

I have seen high voltage rectifier diodes interact with magnetron in funny ways. I'd replace the diode, too.

You can find links to helpful exploded view diagrams and part ordering help here.

I recommend that you bookmark that link to your favorites.

Finally, baking potatoes and making popcorn really give the magnetron a workout.

You should put about 1/2 cup of water in the rear corner of the microwave when cooking those foods.

It helps "preload" the oven to prevent execessive microwave energy reflection back to the magnetron.

We're
happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Dec 12, 2011 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

MH3184XPS-3 started humming last night. I unplugged it. I later plugged it in and it was still humming. There is power because the clock worked, but the microwave would not start.


You should keep the oven unplugged until it is fixed or unless it is being tested.

I would first check to see if the oven is heating when it should not be.

You can place a cup of water in the oven, close the door, and let it set for about 30 seconds. (No longer or it may be damaged from overheating).

If it is, then I would suspect door switch trouble (see this text file) or an issue on the control circuit board, which we regularly repair with our $39.95 repair service.

For more information on door switches, see these help files:
http://031d26d.namesecurehost.com/mwd/safety.txt
http://031d26d.namesecurehost.com/mwd/disassembly.txt
http://031d26d.namesecurehost.com/mwd/doorsw.txt


Once you've checked it out, if you need further help, feel free to contact us here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 21, 2011 | Whirlpool MH3184XP Microwave Oven

2 Answers

At least twice in the past month have had food explode all over the microwave (as if it was overheating). Items vented properly or not covered at all. this time, kept making poppong noises for at lesat 10...


If you have an item overheating, try looking at the directions on the unit for the watts and adjust cooking time according to the oven. Some foods will explode if left for too long in a quick heating microwave oven. If this is a new problem and the microwave is 4 years old, you may consider the unit is beyond its useful life. Its difficult to tell w/o knowing the brand, but it could be the meagtron tube is simply wearing/worn out. Let me know if this helps. m

Oct 20, 2009 | Sharp R-428J 1200 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Water exploded inside microwave


oh no, bad idear, forget it, if its blown up its a right off, never put bottles in a microwave,,,still there is some good news,,, you can now buy a microwave for about £50.00p so you wont need to sell the hubby

Oct 20, 2009 | LG 1.2 Cu. Ft. Mid-Size Microwave -...

2 Answers

Boiled water and it exploded, now the microwave is broken


wow, from the looks of it you need to unplug wait 60 seconds plug in to restart, ot buy a new microwave. Perhaps if in the microwave terms it didn't say not to do that call the manufacturer and the will replace it for free

Jul 03, 2009 | Maytag MMV5000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Lg microwave exploded hot water on my face


It's rare, but obviously can cause serious injury!

Your manual should address this, or for more on what causes this, read this article.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jun 14, 2009 | LG LMV1650SW Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Exploded a musical mug in spacemaker xl1800 microwave.


If there's no damage it should be fine.

I would double-check for cracks, especially in the inner door glass and the screen / mesh.

If it looks fine, heat a cup of water in a microwave-safe container for about 2 minutes and see if it cooks without arcing or odd noises and that it boils in about 2 minutes.

As always, never leave a microwave unattended while running.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 28, 2009 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer

LG MS194A Not lighting up and heating up


It is probably a bad door switch (upper or lower) or one of the switch mounts is damaged or misaligned.

Some help here:

http://www.microwavedisplay.com/safety.txt
http://www.microwavedisplay.com/disassembly.txt
http://www.microwavedisplay.com/doorsw.txt

An exploded view is here.

Other exploded views and parts lists are here.

Since you are in PNG, you'll have to find parts locally or maybe via Stokes in Australia.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jan 08, 2009 | LG LMV1630ST Microwave Oven

1 Answer

When heating a liquid in my microwave I forgot to remove the top off the bottle and it of course exploded with such force that the door blew open! NOW IT DOES NOT WORK AT ALL. Is it safe to assume that it...


Yeah., the magnatron most likely went bad.
You would probably be investing about half the ammount a new microwave would cost to repair the one you have.

Dec 02, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG LMV1925 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

57 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8820 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

sonic boom...
sonic boom...

Level 3 Expert

1557 Answers

Are you a LG Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...