An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: washing machine cuts off
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hello homefolks Welcome to fixya. I'm Huuum and happy to assist you,
You said, Your washer starts to wash and code come up it stop then starts runs for a
few minutes then code comes up again and does this over and over
can't finish a load. Model # 2709
Sounds like we need to try to reset the system!
Huuum At your service! Lets try this, Like with an error code. This can reset the system if it is electronic! Unplug the washer and wait a 5 minutes then restart it. If you can't reach the plug, use the breaker to cut the power for 5 minutes.
It's like rebooting your computer when its acting strange! Usually it corrects some error problems if they are not serious. Or they are sometimes just a glitch.
Let me know how it works! Waiting for your reply! Please remember to leave a rating when you are done! thank You huuum