- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you plug in the power cord is there any lightswhatsoever on the laptop, where the plug goes in or on the AC Adapter of thepower cord?
When you press the power button do you hear fans running, hard drive spinning,lights on the computer, hear any beeps or lights constantly blinking, hear theDvD/CD drive click and the light on the drawer of the DvD/CD turn on for asecond or two? If so the laptop is trying to boot or may have booted, butthe screen is not showing for some reason.
Beep tones and blinking lights tells the technicians what is going on with thelaptop and why it is not booting. Most times it's a motherboard issuewhen you hear beeps or blinking lights continuous.
Maybe your power cord is bad if you don't get anything to happen whatsoeverwhen you press the power button. And if that's true maybe you wasoperating off the battery the last time you had it on and since the power cordis bad, it was not charging the battery so the battery is drained and the powercord is bad.
Maybe you have a Static Charge Buildup. Remove the Power Cord, Remove theBattery, then Press and Hold the power button for 30seconds. After 30 seconds plug the power cord back in (leave the batteryout) and hit the power button to see if it boots. If it does, you can putthe battery back in and let it charge.
The Switch ON? Are you talking about the Power Button? If so it could
be that your Power Cord is bad. Some models of the Power Cord has a
light on it and some laptops light up somewhere when the power cord is
plugged in and working.
You might have been working off your
battery and if the power cord is bad it was not charging the battery and
now nothing will work because the battery is completely drained.
the power cord is good, you might have a Static Charge Buildup. Remove
the power cord and the battery, then press and hold the power button
for 30 seconds. After 30 seconds put the power cord back in (not the
battery, leave it out) and press the power button. If it starts booting
you had a Static Charge Buildup and can put the battery back in now.
all fails, take an ink pen and stick it inside where the power cord
goes. If it is not tight then the DC Power Jack is bad and need to be
repaired. This will require a complete disassembly of your laptop.
You may have already tried this... Please remove the battery to see if the machine responds to pluged in power by itself. Press the power button for about 30 seconds befor pluging in the power... this is usually the way to reset the laptop. A defective battery can keep the machine from working. If there is no response, the motherboard may have been damaged or a solder gotten loose, either way, it would need to be taken apart to verify and the solution could be expensive.
The D600 is plagued with power up problems for 2 reasons. First the connector on the motherboard to the power button is very sloppy and after awile it breaks contact. If you put pressure under the docking port area and press the power button it may start. The second is the memory slots. I know you said you replaced the memory, but it is the slot that is a problem. Remove the memory and put 1 chip in "A", then press down on the chip while trying to boot the laptop. If this works then get a peice of foam or pad and place it on the chip. When you put the cover back on it will push down on the chip and should boot. Repeat this process for "B".
The green light does signify a charged battery! This is also a possible reason for not booting. Remove the battery and try to boot with only the power supply. A shorted battery will stop the laptop from starting up.
If all of this does not help then remove the battery and the CD Rom, then try to boot. Finaly if nothing helps you should buy a new Laptop or a used one on E Bay. You could get a used D600 on E Bay that has a good motherboard for cheap money and use your drives and LCD. I work on D600 and D800 all the time. Let me know how you make out!
Regardless if you don'r feel comfortable taking the comouter apart it needs to be taken apart and looked at. Depending on what got spilled inside the sooner the better. If it was a soda of some kind it could be bad.I would take out the battery and not try it again.