Question about Linksys WRT160N Wireless Router
I am trying to change my NAT settings from strict to open so that I can play Xbox Live more efficiently, but I only want to change this on my xbox and not on my computer. Help? i have a linksys wireless-n broadband router and i have my UPnP enabled and i have the ports typed in for my router configuration but still everytime i get on xbox live and test my xbox live connection it says that i still have a moderate NAT connection when i want a open NAT connection. I have tried everything so can you PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!
Go to your router admin panel and into advanced settings and set UPnP (Universal Plug'n'Play) to enable. If that doesn't work then manuallyopen the ports on the IP assigned to your Xbox. Opening NAT all the way is never a good thing. it opens you up for attacks. So with the above mentioned solution, either way, you should game on well!! Go forth and frag!!
Posted on Apr 12, 2009
You need to open all the ports for the xbox live. The NAT of that router model cannot be configured to open. Its just a simple NAT for internet connection.
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
SOURCE: I have a Linksys WRT160N
try this :
1. Log into the router using 192.168.01. or 192.168.1.1
this is done using a browser window such as Internet Explorer or Firefox.
2. go to Application & Gaming
3. In the box on the right column us wan to enter the device ( example: Xbox)
4. you need to enter the start and end port next ( example: 88 and 80
5. then your protocol ( example: tcp ,UDP, or both
6.the IP address if next
8. then save
9. here is the site with an example page to configure your router.http://homecommunity.cisco.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/Xbox-360-NAT-issues-solved-WRT160N-v3/m-p/310658?comm_cc=HSus&comm_lang=en#M163159
Posted on Aug 21, 2010
This one is simple. Find the IP address that your Xbox is assigned by your router, then put it into the DMZ. This also goes for PS3 users who are having trouble with internet access.
Posted on Feb 10, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 01, 2009 | Zyxel P660HW-D1 Router
Apr 16, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Mar 13, 2009 | Dynex DX-E401 Router
Mar 24, 2008 | Linksys WRT54GL Wireless-G 54Mbps...
Feb 09, 2008 | Belkin (F5D7230-4) Router (587009)
3,017 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!