My ps3 loads games,but after about 15mins crashes,why?
After paying £550 for my 1st ps3 in oct 2007,in sep 2008 it broke , it wouldnt read any discs , games or dvds . i sent it back but had a SECOND HAND ps3 in its place (not mine) , it worked for about 4 months and now this one will load games but after about 15mins it crashes , the sound still plays but the picture freezes . my warranty has run out (conveniently) . i thought sony to be better than this , i was obviously wrong !!!!!!!!!!! im gutted !!!!!!!!!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The update corrupted your hard drive that's why it's not loading any disc.Yes,Restoring the system will work but it will destroy all your saved game data.Updating the system will not remove the hard disk defect.There is only one solution,Reset it.
1. download and install a psn game or game demo
2. put in the disc of the game or video you want to play or watch
3. load the psn game or demo as if you were going to play it
4. quit the demo as soon as you get to the start menu of it
5. go and play or watch the game or video you wanted to, sucka, cause it works now!!!
I hope this works for you, and if it does, spread the word!
I have the same problem, it's error 80010514. An error occurred during start up operation. That's what you would see on your screen if the disc would even get read. Your ps3 is screwed. Call 1-800-345-sony and talk to them. They will tell you that you need to send it in and if your 1 year warranty is up you have to pay $150. I'm waiting for them to send the coffin to send my ps3 back in
hey guys. the problem is that the blue ray reader is some how broken and it won't work. mine kept freezing during games like after 3 mins. and it wouldnt read any more discs for that day. you need to change the blue ray reader and that costs about 175$. thats alot of money and its probably not worth it.