Question about Gigabyte Matx Intel G31 775 DDR2-800 Motherboard
First, clarification: the closest Gigabyte model is GA-G31M-ES2L... there is no "g31 m-es2L"
For this kind of question the easiest way to find the answer is from the manufacturer: Gigabyte
A quick search of their products results in:
which states that up to 800mhz DDR2 (PC6400) is supported
( 667mhz (PC5300) is also supported. )
Generally with motherboards, if a higher speed of memory is supported, the lower speeds are also supported.
PS: mhz times 8 yields the PCxxxx number, PCxxxx divided by 8 yields the mhz number
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
ECS G31T-M motherboard features the Intel Bearlake G31 and ICH7 chipsets, by
supporting the latest Wolfdale, Core 2 Quad and Core 2 Duo processors; ECS
G31T-M brings outstanding performance and provides solider price. G31T-M
supports Intel 45nm Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Quad
- LGA775 socket for latest Intel Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Duo / Pentium Dual-core (E21xx series)/Celeron 4xx processors
- Supports Intel 45nm Core 2 Quad(Yorkfield) and Core2 Duo(Wolfdale) series processors. (please refer to the CPU support list for more detail)
- FSB 1333/1066/800 MHz
- G31T-M is capable to support Core 2 Quad Q6700 G0 and Q6600 G0
- North Bridge: Intel G31
- South Bridge: Intel ICH7
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (GMA3100)
- Max Dynamic Video Memory : 287MB (Vista) / 384MB (XP)
- Dual-channel DDR2 memory architecture
- 2 x 240-pin DDR2 DIMM socket support up to 4 GB
- Support DDR2 800/667 DDR SDRAM
- 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
- 1 x PCI Express x1 slot
- 2 x PCI slots
- Supported by IntelICH7
- 2 x Ultra DMA100/66 devices
- 4 x Serial ATA2 devices
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard & PS/2 mouse connectors
- 4 x USB ports
- 1 x VGA port
- 1 x Serial port (COM1)
- 1 x RJ45 LAN connector
- 1 x Audio port
- 1 x 24-pin ATX Power Supply connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V connector
- 1 x FDD connector supports two 360K~2.88MB FDDs
- 4 x Serial ATA connectors
- 2 x USB 2.0 headers support additional 4 USB Ports
- 1 x Clear CMOS header
- 1 x Front panel header
- 1 x Front panel audio header
- 1 x LPT1 header
- 1 x Speaker header
- 1 x SPDIF out header
- CD in header
- CPUFAN/SYSFAN connectors
- AMI BIOS with 8Mb SPI ROM
- Supports Plug and Play 1.0A, APM 1.2, Multi Boot, DMI
- Supports ACPI revision 1.0 specification
Posted on Feb 09, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Feb 04, 2013 | Gigabyte Computers & Internet
Nov 24, 2012 | Gigabyte GIGA-BYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Desktop...
Jun 08, 2012 | Gigabyte GIGA-BYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Desktop...
Aug 05, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard
Jul 23, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard
Jan 19, 2011 | Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard
Dec 25, 2010 | Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard
Mar 27, 2010 | Gigabyte GA-G31M-ES2L Motherboard
860 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: