I am using a new computer because my other one died and I need to install the MFC-7420 onto the new computer, however, I seemed to have misplaced the disk. Where can I get a new disk, or how can I install the printer without the disk?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
- If you have spare PC, you may copy the content of the CD to a USB disk and install from the USB disk on the laptop
- Or you may just insert the CD on another computer on the network and share the CD-ROM drive by going to My Computer-Right Click on the CD Drive and click share. Now on your laptop go to My Network Places (usually on Control Panel) where you can see the shared CD drive from your other machine.
- Or if your laptop has internet access, visit Brother website and type your printer model to download the driver installer on your laptop machine.
Turn off your computer. Turn off the printer and disconnect the usb cable. Turn on the computer allow it to boot up fully. turn on the printer, then plug the USB cable into it. The computer will soon say 'found new hardware' Give it a minute and the computer will have recognized your printer again. Make sure your 7420 is set as the default printer.
The scanner driver is separate from the printer driver. This link will take you to the downloads page of Brother-usa.com, where you select the machine family, then the specific model. Click the downloads link at the bottom, then, and you'll get to a page to select what you want and for what OS. Brother lists Mac os's from 9.x to 10.6. Even if you have a driver on CD, the website usually has a newer version.
What happens when you connect it to the computer?
Does the computer detect anything or does the computer give message like, a new hardware is detected. If so, then the solution is to get the printer's drivers from a cd which accompanied that printer while you were obtaining it. In case you didn't get that CD or in case you lost it, then you can go on the manufacturer's website and download it's drivers.
Hope your problem gets solved as soon as possible. In case of anything let me know