Question about Canon i80 InkJet Printer
Led flashing orange 4 times
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: error 5C00 on Canon iP90
i took out both printer cartriges then put them back in. there was a window that asks if you replaced the cartriges; click yes then click on the black and color boxes indicating you replaced (re-inserted) both cartriges. for me the light stopped blinking (previously, it was blinking orange 4 times). next i tried to print but only yellow and black appeared. i then cleaned the head 2 times.
-go to control panel
-click on printers
-click on printers and faxes
-find your printer, right click on it
-find the maintenance tab
(clean a couple of times if needed)
hopefully it works...
Posted on Jan 31, 2008
SOURCE: Canon ip5200 Service Error 6A00
This might have something to do with canon's absurd print cartridge limitation agreement.... where the print cartridge will only print for a certain limit and then locks
Posted on Jul 24, 2008
Clean it out underneath the printhead & cleaning mechanism first (paper towel), then do the fix routine.
1) Close the print head cover, and turn off the printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button. (Do not release the buttons. The LED lights in green to indicate that a function is selectable.)
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power button.)
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button three times, and then release the Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.) During initialization, the LED blinks in green.
4) When the LED stops blinking and lights in green, press the Resume/Cancel button the 4 times. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
5) Press the Power button. The LED lights in green, and the
selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Power off then back on and test.
also there are TWO distinct steps to resetting the TWO ink counters in aan iP90. Enjoy.
3-3. Adjustment / Settings
(1) Service mode
The basic operations are the same as those of the i70 / PIXUS 50i.
In this section, destination settings, how to reset the waste ink counter, and EEPROM information
printing, which differ from those of the i70 / PIXUS 50i, are detailed.
1) Turn off a printer. While pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press the Power button.
The LED lights green to indicate that functions are selectable.
2) While holding the Power button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (Do not release the Power
3) While holding the Power button, press the Resume/Cancel button 3 times, and then release the
Power and Resume/Cancel buttons. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the LED
alternately lights in either orange or green, starting with orange.)
4) When the LED lights green, press the Resume/Cancel button as many times as you need, to
select the preferred function. (See the table below.) Each time the Resume/Cancel button is
pressed, the LED alternately lights in either orange or green, starting with orange.
(The color red indicates the changes from the i70 / PIXUS 50i.)
Time(s) LED Function Remarks
0 times Green Power off When the print head is not installed, the carriage
returns and locks in the home position.
1 time Orange Service test print
2 times Green EEPROM information print
3 times Orange EEPROM initialization
4 times Green Waste ink counter resetting Proceed to step 5) below. Once executing step 5), then, move on to step 6) to select the waste ink counter to be reset. (Different from the i70 /
5 times Orange Destination settings Proceed to step 5) below. Once executing step 5), then, move on to step 7) to select a
destination. (Different from the i70 / PIXUS 50i.)
10 times Green Return to the menu selection
5) After the function (menu) is selected, press the Power button. The LED lights green, and the
selected function will be performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the
menu selection mode automatically.)
6) Press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s), then press the Power button.
Time(s) LED Waste ink counter to be reset
0 time Green Main waste ink counter
1 times Orange Platen waste ink counter
2 times Green Main waste ink counter and platen waste ink counter (at the
Note: When the waste ink counter is reset, print the EEPROM information as shown below,
and confirm that the value of the counter is 0 %.
7) Press the Resume/Cancel button the specified number of time(s) according to the destination
listed in the table below, then press the Power button.
Time(s) LED Destination
1 time Orange Japan: PIXUS iP90
2 times Green Other than Japan (A4): PIXMA iP90
3 times Orange Other than Japan (LTR): PIXMA iP90 (LTR)
Note: After the specific destination is set, print the EEPROM information as shown below, and
confirm the model name.
1:iPXXXX 2:V1.02 3:IF(USB=1) 4:D=004.9 PD=000.0 5:ST=2005/09/27-18:30
6:ER(ER0=1000 ER1=5100) 7:LPT=2005/09/028-09:09 8:PC(M=002 R=000 T=001 D=009 C=009)
9:CLT(BK=2005/09/27-18:30 Cl=2005/09/27-18:30) 10:CH=00002 11:CT(BK=040 CL=013)
12:IS(BK=1 C=0 M=1 Y=1) 13:IC(BK=00000 C=00000 M=00000 Y=00000)
15:REG=0 16:UR(A(BKoe)=+01 B(Coe)=-01 C(Moe)=+01 D(SCoe)=-01 E(SMoe)=+01 F(BKbi)=+01
G(CLbi)=+01 H(BK-CL)=+01 I(SCLbi)=+01 J(C-SC)=+01 K(M-SM)=+01)
17:WP=0024 18:CDIN(LG=001 PB=000) 19:MSD(015)
20: PAGE(All=00083 PP=00035 HR+MP=00003 PR+SP+SG=00003 GP=00000 PC=00000 ENV=00000)
21:CDPAGE=00003 IRPAGE=00003 BTPAGE=00003 PBPAGE=00000 22:BAT PAGE=00000
23:EDGE=00083 24:L=00000 25:HEAD Temp=30.0 26:Env Temp=30.0 27:FF(3F 3F 3F)
1:V0001 2:SN=0000-3D6B 3:LN(00000 00000 000001 000003 00001 00000 00000) 4:ID=00
5:IL=(BK=000 C=+01 M=000 Y=+01 C2=+01 M2=000 Y2=+01)
1. Model name 2. ROM version 3. Connected I/F (USB1) 4. Main waste ink amount, Platen waste ink amount
5. Installation date 6. Operator call/service call error record 7. Last printing time 8. Purging count
(manual/deep/timer/dot count/print head installation and removal/ink tank installation and removal)
9. Cleaning time 10. Print head installation and removal (change print head) count 11. Ink tank installation and
removal (change ink tanks) count (Bk/CL) 12. Ink status (Bk/C/M/Y) 13. Total ink consumption 14. Power-on
count (soft power on/soft power off/hard power on) 15. Print head alignment implementation 16. User print head
alignment values (Bkoe/Coe/Moe/SCoe/SMoe/BKbi/CLbi/BK-CL/SCLbi/C-SC/M-SM) 17. Number of times of wiping
18. Number of times of camera port connection and removal (Legacy, PB) 19. Number of the maximum printing
intermission in days 20. Number of print pages (total/plain paper/high resolution paper + Matte Photo Paper/Photo
Paper Pro + Photo Paper Plus Glossy + Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss/Glossy Photo Paper/Card/Envelope) 21.
Number of Camera Direct Print pages (total), number of IRDA print pages (total), number of Bluetooth print pages
(total), and number of Print Beam print pages (total) 22. Number of print pages using battery (total) 23. Number of
borderless print pages 24. Number of print page (L/4” x 6”) 25. Print head temperature 26. Inside temperature
27. Line inspection information
2. Serial number
3. Lot number
4. Print head ID
5. Ink ejection level (Bk/C/M/Y)
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Probably your waste ink counter should be cleaned or replaced before resetting but usually you can get away with resetting once.
1. Start with printer OFF
2. Hold down RESUME and then hold down POWER
3. Release RESUME
4. press RESUME twice, then release POWER
5. let green light blink until printhead has finished moving.
6. Select functions below with RESUME, execute with POWER
0 presses - green light - Test Print (exit service for i960)
1 press - orange light - EEPROM info print
2 presses - green light - EEPROM initialise
3 presses - orange light - reset waste ink counter.
This also applies to the i550, i560, i950, i960
Good Luck, I hope this helps?!
Posted on Aug 12, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 09, 2014 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 27, 2014 | Canon PIXMA iP3500 Printer
1.With the printer powered off but connected to a power source,
press the Power button while pressing and holding the Stop/ Reset button.
2. When the Power is lit, press the Stop/Reset button two times
while pressing and holding the Power button.
3. When releasing the Power button and the Stop / Reset button (regardless of order),
the printer will move into a service mode. (Waiting for menu selection)
4. When the on/off lights in green, press the Stop/Reset button the
specified number of time(s) according to the function listed in the table below.
(Each time the Stop/Reset button is pressed, the LED lights alternately in orange
and green, starting with orange.)
Note: press 4 times for waste ink counter reset.
The number of the Reset button pressing LED Function Remarks
0 time Green Power off
1 time Orange Service pattern print
2 times Green EEPROM print
3 times Orange EEPROM reset
4 times Green Waste ink counter reset
5.Turn off the printer.( it must be turn off) then turn it on again
Nov 19, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
May 21, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Dec 13, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP90 Mobile Printer
May 05, 2008 | Canon BubbleJet i550 InkJet Printer
Mar 12, 2008 | Canon i80 InkJet Printer
404 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: