When I place a picture on the glass, I hit the scan button and the "on/off" light blinks, and nothing happens. We recentlygot a newcomputr,"e-machine" and the geek squad set everythng up, but I don't even see the HP program on my program list! I am downloading and installing the program again, but if this is not necessary, please someone let me know!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When I press the scanner button the top power button starts blinking but the machine does not scan. I have not used the scanning function on this machine before. Please help...you may need to reinstall your..
1. Install the MP Navigator EXsoftware located on the disc that came with the printer. 2. Go to Start > Programs > Canon Utilities > MP Navigator EX > MP Navigator EX. 3. Select Photos/Documents or Stack of Documents. 4. If Photos/Documents was selected, open the top of the scanner and place the document you wish to scan on the glass with the top facing to the left. If Stack of Documents was selected, flip the plastic tray open on the top of the printer and place the stack of papers in the tray. 5. Select the Document Type in the left pane, then click the Scan button. 6. The scanning process should start. When it's finished, select Save to save the document(s) as a JPEG, or select Save as PDF to save it in PDF format.
you do not change any setting on your computer and on your machine: the machine work as a scanner, if you click the scan Botton, you should go to scan utility on your computer and click the scan command to receive the numeric format of the original image placed on the glass, if you need help about '' how do you scan a documemt '' :
1) click the start botton
2) go to control panel
3) click twice on the scanner and photo
4) the assistant will guide you to scan your photo.
if my solution helped you don't forget to vote.
HI As soon as the printer prints the test page or alignment page place it
on the scanner glass (Place the printed side down) before that Examine
the scanner glass and white scan backing. Clean the scanner glass and
scan backing if they are not clean. To clean the scanner glass and scan
backing, use a soft cloth towel slightly dampened with clean water.
After That press scan on the printer button panel it will resolve your issue.
Try to double check it by turning it off and turning the printer back
on after 2 minute's. If still the problem exists call HP Total Care 800
- 474 - 6836 if you are from US/Canada.
) Lift the lid of the product.
2) Place the top of alignment page face down in the right front corner of the glass.
3) Place the alignment page face down
4) Close the lid.
5) Press the Start Scan button.
6) The Power button light will blink during the alignment process.
7) After the Power button light stops blinking, alignment is complete.
this is usually the case when certain settings that are required by the registry are not in place, The solution could be as simple as unistall the scanner driver restart the system and reinstall the scanner driver.
If this doent work get back old registry values by going to start-Programs-accessories-system tools -system restore and restore the settings to the time when youre sure the scanner worked .
turn the printer on, place the picture on the glass, on the printer under mode press the big silver button until the scan light comes on then press select, you should hear the picture scanning, then on the computer, go under my pictures and you should see that picture.
Check the power and the data (USB) cables in the printer...check both ends... Check :- # The printer powers on properly # There also can be problems with the printer driver # and also internal printers....
Try reinstalling the printer driver...
<PLEASE RATE ME AS FIXYA>for my help......................
1,Unplug the USB cable
2,Place the allignment paper in the right bottom corner of the scanner glass
3,close the lid
4,Press the Start scan button
You will find the light blinking wait until it completes.
Then connect the cable and the issue will be resolved.
Hope works well for you