Question about Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
I need to reset the password for my linksys wireless G internet router.
Never mind my post. Just after I posted it, I tried jgwhomeequip's suggestion again, and it worked.
I summarize what I did:
1) press the reset button until the power light starts to blink
2) release the reset button and wait until the power light is solid again
3) type "192.168.1.1" in the URL, and when prompted, type "admin" in the password spot, leaving username blank
4) Press enter, and the settings page should load. From here, you can change all settings.
5) For the specific problem of changing the SSID and password, go to "Wireless", "Basic Wireless Settings" (for SSID), and "Wireless Security" (for password)
It worked for me, so I hope it works for you.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
Press and hold the reset button for 60 seconds, after you release the reset button wait until the power light stops blinking. If it does not stop blinking, then unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in. After that type in at the address bar, 192.168.1.1
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2014 | Efficient Networks SpeedStream 5100 Modem
Aug 29, 2012 | Linksys Wireless-g 2.4 Ghz Broadband...
Jul 13, 2012 | Linksys Cisco-Wrt120n Wireless-n Router...
May 05, 2012 | Linksys Wireless Broadband Router,...
Sep 19, 2011 | Linksys Cable Modem
Sep 06, 2010 | Linksys SPA-2102 NA Analog VoIP Adapter...
Feb 18, 2010 | Linksys Cable Modem
Jun 05, 2009 | Zoom X6 (5590) DSL Modem (55900003)
Jan 04, 2009 | Siemens SpeedStream Modem (4100) (SS4100)
Nov 21, 2008 | Arris SB5100 SURFboard DOCSIS 2.0 Cable...
1,243 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: