Question about Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
I need to reset the password for my linksys wireless G internet router.
Never mind my post. Just after I posted it, I tried jgwhomeequip's suggestion again, and it worked.
I summarize what I did:
1) press the reset button until the power light starts to blink
2) release the reset button and wait until the power light is solid again
3) type "192.168.1.1" in the URL, and when prompted, type "admin" in the password spot, leaving username blank
4) Press enter, and the settings page should load. From here, you can change all settings.
5) For the specific problem of changing the SSID and password, go to "Wireless", "Basic Wireless Settings" (for SSID), and "Wireless Security" (for password)
It worked for me, so I hope it works for you.
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
Press and hold the reset button for 60 seconds, after you release the reset button wait until the power light stops blinking. If it does not stop blinking, then unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it back in. After that type in at the address bar, 192.168.1.1
Posted on Feb 08, 2009
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Mar 16, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Dec 28, 2012 | Computers & Internet
Dec 05, 2010 | Linksys WRH54G Wireless Router
The router's password can be changed by running the routers setup cd. If you do not have the cd:
1.Open your browser
2.In the address bar type in 192.168.1.1 this will bring you to your router configuration.
3.put in your username/password "If you forgot your username and password you can always reset your router, if that is the case your router will go to back to default settings,In order to reset the router look in the back of the router and you will see a reset button, press and hold the reset button for 30 seconds, the reset button is located next to the Internet port on the router.
4. When your linksys router configuration is up, go to Administration.
5. change password that's it!! hope this helped. Good Luck
Sep 29, 2010 | Linksys Wireless-N WRT150N Router
Dec 02, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Apr 07, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54G Router
Dec 18, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
Apr 12, 2008 | Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router
1,256 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: