The magnetron in our Bosch HMB405/01 microwave has arced and burned the interior wall of the microwave. The wall surrounding the opening to the magnetron is burned enough that the metal is pitted. Obviously the tube needs replacement. What else needs to be done?
Thanks Tom Quattlebaum
After few seconds the cooking cycle has started, the magnetron in my BAJAJ microwave(don't know model number) sparks outside at wall & waveguide cover. It heat ups the food during that interval. It burns the little area around its opening and waveguide cover.
Is Diode Tube also faulty or should I just replace Waveguide & clean+repaint the wall ?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You may have killed the magnetron but you may not have either. If you can take that cover plate off, you may find that there is grease build up behind it and that needs to be cleaned off. Grease can build up there without you even realizing it and after a while it can catch fire from the heat created by the magnetron. You should never put any empty plate or container in a microwave because the magnetron needs to have something for the waves to hit. Hope this helps.
If the magnetron was making louder noises prior then replace the magnetron. While the cabinet is open make sure to look for burned wires, check the continuity of thermal cutoffs, and check the main circuit-board for burned traces or components. The relays in most electronics are known for arcing (spot welding) and staying in the wrong position. Tap them hard with the back end of a screwdriver.
You may also have to replace the capacitor. During all of this use safe electrical practices by having the power cord unplugged. The capacitor could still have a high charge on it so be careful.
There is exposed metal, when magnetron is running it will arc if there is exposed metal in the interior cavity which is more common, I have not seen this inside microwave door, inspect door carefully when you open it to see if there are bare spots. The manufacture use to sell microwave cavity paint to prevent this very problem, if this is not corrected it will short out the magnetron.
This is not good, the magnetron is arcing because there is exposed metal. The manufacture provides a special enamel white paint that insulates the interior to prevent this. I would contact GE or appliance repairman and not use the oven until this is dealt with, running the microwave unchecked will eventually burn out the magnetron.
If it is burning and arcing at the antenna, it is probably arcing in the wave guide area. Probably will have to replace unit. I have had some success by removing the antenna, sanding and repainting the burnt areas of the cavity and sanding off any burnt marks on the antenna. Need to look at top of mag to see if also arcing there too.