My magnovox dp100mw8b is stuck in progresive scan mode no picture
I put it into progresive scan mode it turns out the my tv's connectors weren't working and now i cant get out of psm mode!!! my fiance and i were supposed to watch a movie and cuddle! LOL now im watchin family guy re-runs please help me figure out how to get out of psm mode, or direct me what buttons to push to blindely go through the menu to set it off of psm mode. thank you ! :)
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
PROGRESIVE SCAN will only work with an HD TV and it does not work via the scart lead. Select off for it if you have an old TV. If you can't get it to stop coming on by doing what it says to do, then you have an electrical fault on the LG.
PROGRESIVE SCAN itself is a method of getting high quality images on HD TV's via the special sockets at the back of the DVD.
You will have to reset the DVD player in order to undo the progressive scan option. Since you cannot see a menu to do so...
1. Unplug the dvd player from the outlet 2. Press and hold down the STANDBY-ON m button on the front of the Recorder while reconnecting to the power outlet. 3.Release STANDBY-ON m when ' ' appears in the display. All the information stored in the memory (programs, time, TIMER) will be reset (cleared).
Hope this helps with your problem, thank you for stopping by Fixya! Please leave a positive rating if this solution works for you.
Our problem was that we could not get picture on the tv screen but it got sound.We tried to solve it using different techniques like the setup,video source,function keys pressed on remote control by trial(only assumed) and error as we could not see the screen and I used scart with every conection but three point pin was free so I put only one pin in video out put and at that moment I could see the picture on tv.
This is frustrating but what worked for me:
1. first make sure you are on CD/DVD mode
2. select the 'Setup Menu' button so that the words 'Setup' appear 3. press the 'CH/TRK Stop' button (it is blue on my remote) and hold it down (approx 5 seconds) - if it works, the setup menu will be displayed.
If this does work - write the instructions on a small index card and glue it to the DVD player ;>P
I normally find that the DVD is either in the progressive scan or interlaced mode.
If the DVD is in analog inputs (video inputs), then, it should be in the interlaced mode.
If the DVD is in the component input, then, it should be set to the progresive mode.
On older DVDs, the switch to turn it to the proper mode is on the back or bottom of the DVD.
Newer units are on the remote that says progressive or on the menu of the DVD.
The owners manual should have instructions on how to change it.