Question about Tascam US-224 DIGITAL AUDIO WORK STATION CONTROLLER Sound Card
I've got a Tascam US-224 plugged to a Mac OSX 10.4.11, along with a sound module (Roland JV-1010), a MIDI keyboard and a microphone.
I can play the sounds available in Garageband but not the sounds of the Roland, and there's no sign at all coming from the microphone (although the Tascam shows some signal when I plug the mic).
I am pretty sure I have connected all the stuff (keyboard, module, mic) properly to the Tascam, but I suspect there's some MIDI set up or mapping to be done on the Mac but I haven't got a clue how to do that (I'm new to Macs).
If anyone could help me with that, I'd be most grateful!
I may be able to help. I am a longtime Mac and Tascam control surface user. I am currently running a MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.0GHz running OS 10.5.6 with a Tascam FW-1884 audio interface/mixer/control surface connected.
Setup is fairly easy in the Mac OS. Here are the steps I'd follow:
NOTE: Before beginning the following process make sure that ALL of your MIDI gear is connected.
- Tascam connected to USB port of computer
- MIDI Keyboard "OUT" connected to Tascam "IN"
- Roland "IN" connected to Tascam "OUT"
1) Open your "Applications" folder.
2) Open the "Utilities" folder.
3) Double-click on "Audio MIDI Setup."
4) At the top of the window select "MIDI Devices"
5) In the pull-down menu on the left select "New Configuration."
6) Title your configuration and press "OK"
7) If your gear has been detected automatically their names and icons should appear in the main window. If so, skip down to step 12
8) Click on the "Add Device" button
9) Double-click on the "new external device" button that has now been created.
10) Select your device's manufacturer and model (i.e. Roland, JV-1010).
11) Adjust any other settings appropriate to your setup.
[In the main window there should be a Tascam US-224 button. On it there should be one pair of arrows that indicate the MIDI In and MIDI Out ports of the device.]
12) Click (and hold) on the MIDI Out arrow of the US-224 button.
13) Drag the "cord" and attach it to the MIDI In of the Roland JV-1010 button.
13) Click (and hold) on the MIDI In arrow of the US-224 button.
14) Drag the "cord" and attach it to the MIDI Out of the "keyboard" button.
This should get you setup from a Mac OS/Device routing perspective. For the appropriate US-224 Control Panel settings refer to the User Manual.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 10, 2011 | Tascam US-144 Sound Card
Aug 16, 2010 | Tascam US-224 USB Computer Audio Hardware...
Dec 09, 2009 | Tascam US-224 Sound Card
Nov 26, 2009 | Tascam US-122 USB Audio/MIDI Interface...
Feb 23, 2008 | Tascam US-224 Sound Card
Nov 02, 2007 | Tascam US-122 USB Audio/MIDI Interface...
Nov 13, 2016 | Audio Cards
387 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: