I have been using a Canon DR 2050c for 2 years with no problems - just recently it started giving me this message and advices to check power cord & connection which I've done as well as re-loaded the software -- still same message "no deices found"?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
An expert that has over 10 points.
An expert whose answer got voted for 2 times.
Re: No Device Found?
Ive had this problem as well, and usually restarting the computer fixes the issue. im guessing that you have already tried that, but just incase ill suggest it. You can also go into device manager and remove it, and then use the software disk, reinstall.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Question canon DR-2010C scanner which gives error after some times.my
system is vista.the error is "The device could not be locked. Check to
see that another application isn't using the device -4630". Answer :- change USB cable which is connect with scanner to PC or laptop definitely it will resolve. By:- shyam email@example.com 9210845186
I have many years repairing Canon scanners so I hope my suggestion helps you out.
In my experience with the problem your having I have found that the bios needs to be flashed on the particular model scanner you have. You will need to contact your local canon dealer to have this done because they have diagnostic software to do this with. Also they can run the diagnostic software to tell if there are any other issues that need to be addressed on your scanner while they are there.
I finally solved my problem. Now it works like new.
- The spring that returns the next sheet detector (small black plastic rocker arm between the two rollers on the back side) came off. So the scanner cannot detect transition from one page to the next. This spring is located inside the device and you cannot fix it from the outside. - You know if you have this problem if you don't hear a "click" sound after each page is scanned. Without the spring attached the rocker will not return on every page. When it doesn't return the scanner think it is still on the first page and will not scan the next page. The "click" after each page is NORMAL. Without the click is the first sign your spring came off.
Solution (Only recommended for people handy with hardware and the unit is no longer under warranty)
1. Turn off power and unplug the device. 2. Pop off the plastic cover to the back of the scanner 3. Remove the screws that holds the plastic cover to the back. 4. Remove the screw by pushing on the retainer clips. DO NOT loosen any gears or motors. 5. Locate the rocker arm and re-connect the (very small) spring
6. Warning - if the LED light pipe falls out be careful how you put it back. This is a transparent widget at the top to route a LED light to the top of the device to indicate the power on status.
Sorry I didn't take pictures. If this sounds too complicated, send it to Canon for repair. Took me about a day to figure out exactly what was wrong and how to disassemble the scanner to fix it.
Do you get an error message after the first scanned image? If not, check your software settings to see if you have the option of single page /multipage scanning. Some software lets the customer choose a single page scan when the SCAN button is pressed.
Check the "Feed Select Lever" to make sure it is in mutifeed position. If not, it will grab all of the docs at once.