Question about Invicta Watches
CLICK HERE to visit the manufacturers website and download your manual.
You need part Number IPM25 -
If your watch band needs adjusting, this is the tool for you. This handy pin remover tool will make removing and adding links to your watch band a snap. It can be used on most standard sized metal bracelets with pins or double barrel pins. The large handle makes it easy to use.
You dont NEED this special tool to remove the links on Invicta watches... any generic link removal tool will work - this one just happens to have the Invicta name on it.
The jeweler you purchased from (or any one in your area) has the equipment necessary, and should not charge anything.
$19.95USD HERE for the "Invicta model".
$8.95UDS HERE for the "Generic" tool.
Look for a kit that includes extra pins in case you break one!!
Follow these instructions to avoid breaking or bending the pin
1. The center area of the pin removal tool can be released to allow you to get vertical alignment on the target band pin.
2. You can move the band back and forth in the middle section to line up the pin with the band arrows for horizontal alignment.
3. Once it's aligned, the pin can be removed by placing your band in the center and gently turning the screw handle till the pin is pushed through.
4. The repair kit includes some standard pliers to help you remove or place pins. There are also tweezers to help with small parts. In my opinion neither of these are really necessary and I've never used them when resizing watch bands. Just work slowly and you can push the pins most of the way through without additional tools.
5. Once you have to reset the pin to the new band link, simply reverse the direction of the band in the resizing tool before slowly screwing the pin back into place. Make sure the band pin is turned the right direction.
With all this in mind, only opt for that kit if the sale price makes it close to the price of the tool alone. Otherwise, it's not worth the extra cash. Also, you may be able to buy this tool for half this price including extra pins. Just make sure if you use a third party to avoid those with excessive shipping costs.
Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated!!
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 21, 2016 | Invicta Watches
Feb 07, 2015 | Invicta Watches
May 28, 2014 | Invicta Mens 6713 Sea Spider Collection...
Nov 24, 2011 | Invicta Sea Spider Chronograph...
Aug 26, 2010 | Invicta Watches
Jul 03, 2010 | Invicta Sea Spider Chronograph...
Jan 04, 2010 | Watches
106 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!