Question about Samsung Digimax A400 Digital Camera
When I take a picture, the camera switches off immediately as if the battery was low, while it is not the case. And when I verify in the memory, there is a message : FILE ERROR (in french ERREUR FICHIER)
That's going to be your memory card.
0. make sure the memory card youre using is good for your camer (i.e., older cameras may not use high density memory cards over 2 or 4GB in size, and will not accept them.)
1. try a different memory card. Your current one may be bad.
2. try to start up or get into "view" mode instead of "take pictures" mode so you can reformat your existing card to fix it. Find your setting for reformatting the memory card and do it.
3. if you cant get into your menu system, format the card on a laptop computer with a memory card reader in it, or a desktop computer using a memory card reader. Use windows explorer to navigate to the new "removable drive" created when you insert your memory card, right click, and choose format. You dont want to format NTFS, you want FAT32 or FAT. NTFS if for computer hard disks, not memory cards (cant read it in the camera afterwards..)
Good luck! Write back if you're still stuck.
4. there's always a chance you have hardware failure on teh camera if none of the above works. what's your warranty? Did you buy it with a gold or platinum credit card? It may extend your 1 year warranty to 2. Check with your credit card company after finding the date you bought it.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2010 | Canon Cameras
Jul 21, 2008 | Fuji FinePix S7000 Digital Camera
Dec 01, 2007 | Canon PowerShot SD600 Digital Camera
Sep 14, 2007 | Samsung Digimax S630 Digital Camera
Jun 13, 2006 | Olympus Camedia C-5050 Zoom Digital Camera
Sep 15, 2005 | Toshiba PDR-M61 Digital Camera
Sep 15, 2005 | Toshiba PDR-M65 Digital Camera
Sep 11, 2005 | Toshiba PDR-M25 Digital Camera
Sep 11, 2005 | Toshiba PDR-3320 Digital Camera
Sep 10, 2017 | Samsung Digimax A400 Digital Camera
90 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!