An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: unable to open nano ipod
Http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7680383411313302901Here is a link.You did not say what genration.slight variations but use this link if first does not help.http://www.google.com/search?q=open+an+ipod+nano&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a. Please vote.RICHARDM69
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Don't worry.. It is easy to solve your problem. Just follow these steps..
Plug the iPod USB cable into the bottom of your iPod Nano. Plug the other end of the USB cable into a free USB port on your Mac or PC computer. Open the iTunes program by using the Dock on a Mac or the Start menu on a PC. if you don't have itunes software, get it from here.
Select your iPod Nano from the "Devices" list in the main iTunes window. Click on the "Sync" button to make a connection between your computer and your iPod Nano.
Click on the "Eject" symbol once the syncing process is complete. Remove your iPod Nano from the USB cable. The iPod's lock code will now be reset and you will be able to access all features again.
Navigate to the "Screen Lock" option in the iPod menu to lock your iPod's screen again. Since your iPod's lock code was just reset, you will be prompted to select a new four-digit code .
To download songs to iPod nano:
m Simply connect iPod nano to your computer. If iPod nano is set to update
automatically, the download begins.
Important: The first time you connect iPod nano to a computer, a message asks if you
want to transfer songs automatically. If you accept, all songs, audiobooks, and other
items are deleted from iPod nano and replaced with the songs and other items from
that computer. If you don’t accept, you can still download songs to iPod nano manually
without deleting any of the songs already on iPod nano.
While music is being downloaded from your computer to iPod nano, the iTunes status
window shows progress, and the iPod nano icon in the Source list flashes red.
When the download is complete, a message in iTunes says “iPod update is complete.”
If you set iTunes to download music manually, you can reset it later to update iPod
nano automatically. For more information, see “Updating iPod nano Manually” on
To reset iTunes to update iPod nano automatically with all songs and playlists:
1 Open iTunes and select iPod nano in the Source list.
2 Click the Options button and click Music.
3 Select “Automatically update all songs and playlists.”
The download begins automatically.
if you need further assistance please let me know. Thanks, MIDWEst-tek
Use iTunes 8 to sync or delete songs, photos, etc.
Just connect the iPod to computer, download iTunes 8 from the internet, open iTunes 8, and then double-click on the icon of the iPod Nano to Sync files to your Nano.
The manual for the iPod Nano can be found at www.apple.com/support
1st answer: You may have a non-Apple product. There are lots of knockoffs of the
Nano. Here is a link to check:
Yes, he can but it would have to be done manually, meaning outside of the iTunes application. When the iPod is connected to a computer, it will show up on the desktop of a Mac as another disk drive. Be warned, as soon as you connect the new iPod to the computer, iTunes will load and attempt to sync (copy) all the songs in its library to the iPod. Check here for more: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/
Have you tried The Famous 5 Ipod R's?
1. Reset your iPod, iPod nano, iPod mini( http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61705 ), or iPod shuffle ( http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=300595 ).
2. Retry your iPod with a different USB or FireWire port on your computer (please note that the latest iPods can only be synced through USB).
3. Restart your computer, and make sure that you have the latest software updates installed.
4. Reinstall your iPod and iTunes software. You can download the latest versions of iPod Updater (http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/ ) and iTunes (http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ ) from our website.
5. Restore your iPod using the latest iPod Updater. Important: Please note that restoring (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=60983 ) an iPod will erase all songs and files on your iPod and restore it back to its original settings. Make a backup of any files on your iPod before restoring it. After restoring, you can transfer your music and files from your computer back to your iPod again.
Watch the Five Rs performance in action! (http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/tutorial/ip_gettingstarted_t16.html)
Did it help any?