An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: WHEN I UPDATE THE WINDOWS IRECEIVE THE MASSAGE YOU...
Is this your first time to update your operating system?
This message is a security feature of MS to detect the copy of windows is genuine before it let you update.
It may have been that you installed a pirated copy of windows. But if you are sure that your copy is genuine, contact microsoft as soon as possible and tell them the problem...they may give you a new serial key and instructions to resolve this problem.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
That message ("you may be a victim of software counterfeiting") is displayed when your Windows serial number is being used by someone else. If your copy of Windows is legitimate, try contacting Microsoft support.
THERE ARE NUMBER OF METHODS BUT FOR YOU THESE 2 METHODS ARE GOOD
1) METHOD:- TRY SYSTEM RESTORE.
2) METHOD:- 2.1) LAUNCH WINDOWS TASK MANAGER. 2.2) End wgatray.exe Process In Task Manager. 2.3) Restart System In Safe Mode. 2.4) Delete wgatray.exe from c:\Windows\System32. 2.5) Delete wgatray.exe from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache. 2.6) Launch RegEdit. 2.7) Browse the following key HKEY_LOCALMACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWSNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify. 2.8) Delete The Folder "WgaLogon" and all of its component. 2.9 ) Reboot System.
3.0) BE HAPPY NOW.... AND NEVER EVER INSTALL WINDOWS GENUINE ADVANTAGE
NOTIFICATION IN WINDOWS UPDATE OTHERWISE YOU HAVE TO REPEAT THE DAMN
IN ORDER TO THAT FOLLOW THIS
START--> CONTROL PANEL--> AUTOMATIC UPDATES --> CHOOSE THE OPTION """"""""""""Notify me but don't automatically download or install them"""""""""""
u use this option whenver your system detects any new WINDOWS UPDATE
choose the updates which u want to install... DONT INSTALL WINDOWS XP
SERVICE PACK --3.
It is the update kb905474 which came in as part of the latest updates. It also installs the "You may be a victim of software counterfeiting" splash screen before/during start up of windows. The removal of the hollow star is quite simple but there is no option of uninstalling the update(so far) Read this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905474/en-us
and you "can" delete(rename) this to get rid of the star:C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\wgat ray.exe