- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
according to lexmark they dont have an x1000, but if you try this page you might be able to find your printer and get the driver. http://support.lexmark.com/index?page=productSelection&userlocale=EN_UK&locale=en if it's a x1110 or similar, lexmark suggest installing the vista driver
Unplug the printer from your computer. Uninstall the existing Lexmark X1185 driver from your computer by going to the Start menu ? Programs ? Lexmark 1100 Series ? Tools ? Uninstall. Then reboot pc when prompted.
When computer turns on, check the System type of your Windows 7 by going to the Start menu ? right-click on Computer ? Properties. Take note of the System Type, 32-bit or 64-bit.
To reinstall, use the Vista driver from the Lexmark website. Click on the link below:
Use Vista driver in Windows 7. First, check the operating system installed on your Windows 7 if it's running on 32-bit or 64-bit. Go to Start menu -> right-click on Computer -> Properties. Note the system type then close the window.
Uninstall existing Lexmark X1185 drivers from your computer to prevent conflict of softwares. Go to Start menu -> All Programs -> Lexmark 1100 Series -> Uninstall. Reboot the pc when prompted.
When the pc turns on, download the driver using the links below:
Use the Lexmark X1185 driver for Vista in Windows 7. First, check if your Windows 7 is running on 32-bit or 64-bit operating system by going to Start menu > right click on Computer > Properties. Then, download the driver from the Lexmark website at http://bit.ly/cYKc2S (for 32-bit) or at http://bit.ly/d7owjC (for 64-bit). Follow the instructions in the software. Thanks.
Please use the following steps to download the Lexmark X1185 driver to your desktop:
1. Select "Driver for Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003"
2. Click on "Download Now."
3. On the "File Download" screen, choose "Save."
4. The next screen will be titled "Save As." Choose to "Save in Desktop" and click "OK."
5. You should see files being transferred.
****Note**** If your browser uses a different file downloading format than specified above, you will need to resort to your browsers help files for downloading instructions. The object of steps 1 - 4 is to download the driver to your desktop. This way it is easily accessible.
6. Once the files have completed downloading, double click on the icon with your file name.
7. On the "Win Zip Self-Extractor" screen click "OK." To unzip the downloaded file choose "Unzip."
8. A screen will then display the number of files unzipped successfully, click "OK."
9. Please follow the on screen instructions to complete installation of your Lexmark printer.
Go to www.lexmark.com Go to the drivers and download toolbar, then drivers and download a driver,,and type in your product name. The drivers are there. I just checked. All OS seem to be there.
You will simply need to download the driver from the Lexmark site.
Its pretty straight forward.