Question about Toshiba Satellite 5005-S504 Notebook
Please provide detailed instructions for RTC battery replacement for notebook 2405-s201.
The RTC batteries don't usually go bad on these things. It is attached to the sound card and is underneath the palmrest about 1" to the left of the touchpad. To get to it:
(1) remove all the bottom screws;
(2) remove wireless card door, and free the wireless antennas.
(3) turn over, set the screen to its normal position;
(4) snap off the plastic cover strip above the keyboard;
(5) remove the 3 screws that hold keyboard down;
(6) disconnect the power button board's skinny cable;
(7) remove the aluminum lid to the CPU heat sink (4 screws);
(8) disconnect the speaker cables;
(9) remove the one screw directly behind the cd-rom drive;
(10) disconnect the LCD's cable connector.
Now you can separate the top half of the computer from the bottom half. Be extra careful not to tear/damage/rip the wireless antennas.
After that, you'll see the RTC (CMOS) battery - it's green, round, with a black and red wire attached to it. Can't miss it.
Posted on Mar 16, 2010
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 08, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 Notebook
Jul 05, 2011 | Toshiba Satelite 2405-S201 Notebook
May 21, 2011 | Toshiba Satelite 2405-S201 Notebook
Mar 03, 2011 | Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 Notebook
Dec 13, 2010 | Toshiba Satelite 2405-S201 Notebook
Jul 04, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 Notebook
Apr 23, 2009 | Toshiba Satellite 2405-S201 Notebook
588 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!