Trying to make a sale ex-display Philips dvd rec work .. ive tried 4 remotes. 2 from Poundland @ £1 each .. no joy. a One-4-All that worked a few functions. and lastly a Tevion touch screen remote. ive been entering codes for the last 4hours and found quite a few that do work the same functions .. unfortunately. i can get access to the stop/start and ff and rew even ffx2 x4 etc .. but i just cant get into the main menu whatever i do. if i get a result ill post it. about the Tevion remote ... the touch screen is very fancy when its lit up ... clear symbols .. but when the light goes out its not as good as a normal remote. my mrs thinks its a gadget .. the sort of thing you would buy just to show people .. but dont expect it to do anything !!
Just curious... have you contacted Philips to *ask kindly* for a replacement remote? They have hooked me up in the past. If you have no luck with the US numbers, or get a bunch of idiots on the phone who won't help you out, (or people in Mumbai that you can't understand clearly) call the UK number.
Philips Consumer Electronics US 1-888-744-5477 Monday - Saturday 7:00 am - 11:00 pm EST Sunday 8:00 am - 11:00 pm EST Excluding major holidays (oh, I love how selective that sounds...)
If you're in the UK, I have no effing idea how to dial these numbers, but here's the website:
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. turn unit on 2. open the loading tray 3. press "setup" button on the remote 4. navigate to preferences using right arrow key (three clicks) 5. Enter "138931" on the remote 6. The current region is displayed (mine was "1") 7. Use the up arrow on the remote to change the region to "0" 8. Press the "setup" button on the remote 9. Press "OK" on the remote
Here's a few things you can try. Please remember to switch your player off and back on again after each thingy you try^^ It saves it on some memory thingy^^
1) Go to Setup page
2) Preference page
3) Press 138931
4) Press up/down key to select region code
# Turn On unit
# Press the Setup button on the remote
# Navigate to the Preferences page using the Right arrow key
# Press the Down arrow once to enter the Preference page
# Enter 1, 3, 8, 9, 3 and 1 on the remote
# You will now see the current region code displayed
# Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or 0 for all regions
# Press the Play or OK button on the remote
if your zone is not saved to your dvd player. then do not switch the unit off and on again. throughout my experiences most require to do so, but since I don't work with a lot of Philips models I can only hope it helps^^
1. Turn on the unit 2. Open the loading tray 3. Press the "Setup" button on the remote 4. Navigate to the "Preferences" page using the right arrow key 5. Enter 138931 6. You will now see the current region code displayed 7. Use the Up/Down arrow keys to select the region required or "0" for all regions 8. Press the "Play" button on the remote
1 - Make sure there is no disk in the player 2 - Press EJECT on the remote or on the player. The eject icon has to be visible on screen for the hack to work!!! 3 - Press MENU (System) on the remote 4 - Press the RIGHT button on the remote until you get to the PREFERENCES screen 5 - Now enter the sequence 135566 with the remote control 6 - Now "Region Code" should appear 7 - Select the 0 (multiregion) 8 - Press MENU (System) on the remote to exit the setup screen 9 - Press the power button on the remote to set the player on standby, this saves the new setting.