Question about Sony VAIO VGN-S460 Notebook
- The sound doesn't work (at all)
- had windows vista OS, the sound first stopped working in Firefox (but worked in IE?!), then stopped working in IE
- I had to reinstall the OS and only had Windows XP, I've installed all the drivers
- the sound still doesn't work
- when I boot up the computer it says that it's found new hardware, but is missing the SigmaTel® High Definition Audio CODEC
- I've downloaded that several times and the sound still does not work
Audio and FN keys will not work on my vgn-s460
I'm confused. A Codec is used in an audio player like Media Player 11. If your computer has no sound when it comes on then you need a driver. I looked up your model and found a Realtek driver speciafically for your machine. You can download this at: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=VGNS460. If you need an Audio CODEC for your media player I would suggest downloading PowerDVD from download.com to insure that your system sound is working correctly then you can use the Microsoft CODEC installation package to determine the real missing CODEC.
Posted on Feb 06, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 31, 2012 | Sony VAIO VGN-SZ480 Notebook
Apr 27, 2011 | Sony VAIO VGN-FE770G Notebook
Sep 06, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGN-SZ480 Notebook
May 15, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGN-SZ480 Notebook
Mar 30, 2010 | Sony VAIO VGN-SZ480 Notebook
Feb 04, 2010 | Sony VAIO Notebook
Nov 08, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-SZ480 Notebook
Sep 28, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-SZ480 Notebook
May 17, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-AR630E Notebook
Jan 29, 2009 | Sony VAIO VGN-S460 Notebook
699 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: