Question about Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Digital Camera
Hello, Did you try pressing the little silver button marked "EVP/LCD" it is located at the left of the view finder,This turns the screen on and off.
Hope this takes care of problem.
Best Regards, Russell
Posted on Jan 23, 2013
SOURCE: When I rotate the selector
I am Sorry to hear regarding the Problem.This is a ' Lens Problem ' which is Quite Common on these Models.
It is not worth to get it Repaired, as the Cost of repair would be quite high as compared to the cost of the new camera.
There are a number of things you can try:
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand or other dirt etc
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 2 minutes and refit
If no luck then we have to try some things that could possibly result in damaging your camera so should only be tried if happy to take that risk...
5. Try thumping the camera into your other hand, by thumping into your hand you are trying to jar the mechanism loose, by using your hand you will hopefully not do it too hard or it will hurt. You may need to do this a dozen or so times in different places to work. I have found the flat of the camera bottom into the flat of your hand best..
6. If the lens is stuck in the out position then remove the batteries and try twisting the lens first one way then the other, do not apply excessive force when doing this or you can break gears, you are trying to reposition not force... Likewise if the lens looks like it is crooked you can try pushing it back into position. This has a higher chance of doing more harm than the thump so please be careful...
7. Dismantle the camera, not for the faint hearted, you need to dismantle the lens assembly into the main body of the camera
If no luck then only other option is a serviceman I'm afraid, be sure to get a quotes as camera repairs can be uneconomical
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
I sprayed the stem of the switch with big bath iso contact cleaner and rotated the switch through all positions repeating the sprying and rotating and it helped.
Posted on Oct 23, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2014 | Nikon COOLPIX L3 Digital Camera
Apr 19, 2014 | Nikon D60 Digital Camera
Apr 06, 2012 | Nikon D90 Digital Camera with 18-105mm...
Jan 28, 2011 | Olympus EVOLT E-410 Digital Camera
Jan 28, 2011 | Fuji FinePix S7000 Digital Camera
Jan 27, 2011 | Olympus Digital Cameras
Jan 26, 2011 | Olympus Camedia C-50 Zoom Digital Camera
Sep 27, 2009 | Canon PowerShot S3 IS Digital Camera
Oct 18, 2008 | Olympus Digital Cameras
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!