Question about Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Digital Camera
Hello, Did you try pressing the little silver button marked "EVP/LCD" it is located at the left of the view finder,This turns the screen on and off.
Hope this takes care of problem.
Best Regards, Russell
Posted on Jan 23, 2013
SOURCE: When I rotate the selector
I am Sorry to hear regarding the Problem.This is a ' Lens Problem ' which is Quite Common on these Models.
It is not worth to get it Repaired, as the Cost of repair would be quite high as compared to the cost of the new camera.
There are a number of things you can try:
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand or other dirt etc
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 2 minutes and refit
If no luck then we have to try some things that could possibly result in damaging your camera so should only be tried if happy to take that risk...
5. Try thumping the camera into your other hand, by thumping into your hand you are trying to jar the mechanism loose, by using your hand you will hopefully not do it too hard or it will hurt. You may need to do this a dozen or so times in different places to work. I have found the flat of the camera bottom into the flat of your hand best..
6. If the lens is stuck in the out position then remove the batteries and try twisting the lens first one way then the other, do not apply excessive force when doing this or you can break gears, you are trying to reposition not force... Likewise if the lens looks like it is crooked you can try pushing it back into position. This has a higher chance of doing more harm than the thump so please be careful...
7. Dismantle the camera, not for the faint hearted, you need to dismantle the lens assembly into the main body of the camera
If no luck then only other option is a serviceman I'm afraid, be sure to get a quotes as camera repairs can be uneconomical
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Hope i helped you.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on Sep 27, 2010
I sprayed the stem of the switch with big bath iso contact cleaner and rotated the switch through all positions repeating the sprying and rotating and it helped.
Posted on Oct 23, 2007
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 06, 2015 | 2002 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder
Oct 22, 2014 | Nikon COOLPIX L3 Digital Camera
Sep 25, 2014 | Zanussi Washing Machines
Apr 13, 2011 | Intermatic GM40 - 24 Hour/7-Day Dial...
FUNCTION TEST SEQUENCE
1. Press and hold Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset the control. The buzzer will sound 1 time and "rES" will be shown briefly in the display.
2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 5 turns counterclockwise to the second position from the bottom. Press and hold the Options and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 2 seconds.
The control will enter test mode, the buzzer will sound 3 times and all LED's will rapidly flash. After entering the test mode, the cycle selector knob can now be rotated to select the following tests:
Rotate the cycle selector knob clockwise from the starting position:
0 turns: All LED's will flash.
1 turn: Drive motor runs; heat source is on. Drying LED is lit. "H" and the control thermistor reading will toggle back and forth in the display.
Mar 29, 2011 | Frigidaire Electric Dryer
Jan 28, 2011 | Olympus EVOLT E-410 Digital Camera
Jan 26, 2011 | Samsung SC-D103 Mini DV Digital Camcorder
May 07, 2010 | Canon SPEEDLITE 580EX TTL Flash
Sep 27, 2009 | Canon PowerShot S3 IS Digital Camera
Jun 30, 2010 | Kodak EasyShare DX6490 Digital Camera
49 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!